• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

83 days till Nebraska archery opener.....just sayin.

Powerstroke

I sent out an email to a couple buddies about finalizing the dates and details for our NE archery turkey trip I started last year. Nebraska has the new 2013 turkey regs on their HSOforum.

I ran the dates through a countdown app and realized there is only 83 days until my turkey season can start. Yeah buddy!!!!

Can't wait powerstroke already have our weekend planned for scouting. Need to pick up a couple more farms to hunt. Look for sheds and turkeys. Jan.14 we can buy our tags.

Been talking to the sheriff down where we hunt and birds are every where. Arrows are ready to go with the hammerheads all on.

Heading down March 31 hope to have a bird April 1st in the cooler.

Turkey videos are in the fish house just to scratch the itch a little.

I have to switch over to the bullheads and start sighting in for that. I did just find a couch in a dumpster so I've got a couple new bullhead targets thanks to those cushions.

I've been watching some videos too. I'm hoping to find some private land this year.

You should find a few places since you are archery hunting. The farmers there will say yes almost all the time. Good luck finding a place. I would head down one weekend in March and you could have more spots then you can hunt.

We stayed on public land all of last year, but finding some private land would be a definate advantage.

Is there a region or county that you typically hunt around? 2 seasons ago I bypassed the entire state to hunt the Pine Ridge area and I bit off more than I could chew. Last year we hunted in the NE portion of the state on public land and my buddy got one and I had one miss and one unrecovered. Those results are pretty amazing considering we were archery hunting in a new place.

We are bringing more people this year and the places we hunted can't really support the additional pressure so I'm thinking of moving to areas with more public land, but maybe we can locate some private land to hunt.

We do not make it all the way to the Valentine area east of that. Just order up a plat book and get one for that area. Sure does help and you can find private land to hunt.

We hunt public and private. You just have to pick your days weekends the public have two to 3 trucks on it. During the week it's just us and the birds come back in after being chased all over.

We camp down there and it's great 8 bucks a night for a tent and we have power and water.