• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I already miss.....

CANOPY SAM

Man, this post is all over the place, but I seem to have a few things in common. My first car when I was 16 was a baby blue 66' fastback Mustang with a HP 289 4 barrel! The first snowmobile I ever drove was my anty's Snowjet, my bike is under a tarp in the garage (op) and I want tracks on a 4X4 like T/Walleye has! Wow how does that happen? shockedgrin

Yea Leech, I was thinking that I should change the name of this thread to "Alternatives to riding motorcycles once winter has set in and we can't ride motorcycles anymore cause it's too cold, and stuff....", but it seemed a little wordy.

ND, I thought to mention it much earlier, but gapped it out, like I do so many things these days. I hope your daughter wasn't injured in the Mustang accident?!? Is she okay? Picture is a little fuzzy, but she looks like a lovely young lady. I also asked if you are repairing the Mustang, or perhaps it's already back on the road.

I've actually offered to restore an old classic for each of my kids but get this, they've actually each said, "No way Dad, why would I want a stupid old car or pick-up when I can have a nice new one?"

Times are changing my friends. Times are changing, and I don't like where we're headed. frown

She wasn't hurt, we got lucky. That and I had installed 3 point seatbelts and added headrests to the lowback bucket seats. I gotta think that helped. Still, no air bag but I gotta think the shoulder belt helped keep her safe. Either way, we do not wish for a re-do or an instant replay, we're glad to be past it.

The damage was too great for me to tear into it, insurance company totaled it. Sure I could have cut out and replace the sub frame pieces, but it would have had a salvaged title, so we let it go.

Replaced it with a late model stang, V6, base model. air bags, anti lock brakes etc...

And sadly, that one is now gone too.

More of an attitude problem than a collision problem on the last stang tho.... (nuff said)

If you are severely bored.. You can view the step by step on that 65 stang here:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/611813-father-daughter-coupe-project.html