• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best electric fillet knife?

Mick Jigger

I usually bleed fish out and clean at home. Been using the deluxe electric fillet knife from rapala that has both a larger and smaller blade that you can swap out.

Unfortunately it is corded but it also has the adapters for plugging into any wall outlet, connecting to trolling motor battery posts or plugging into car or boat lighter outlet.

works great but the safety feature on the trigger button is a little difficult at times but for the most part I have been happy with it.

9 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

What sort of battery life have you been getting?

Well, I rarely have to clean enough fish for it to be an issue, but it claims 80 minutes on a full charge. What I do know is I that after laying around for four of five months without use it still has a decent charge.

I finally wore out my Rapala with removable battery and separate charger after 15 years of hard use. Bought the Rapala lithium ion model. Claims 80 minutes on a charge. Don't have to remove battery to charge. Just plug in charger to knife. Charger is the size of a small Vex charger. Cheaper than my original unit at $79. Prefer the battery models since I don't always have power available. I can do a better job with less waste than a conventional fillet knife.

2 hours ago, elkrivermn said:

Best luck I have had is with the Honda cordless, you can charge it with your Honda generator .  Super sharp blades and fits like a glove in your hand!  Highly recommended! 

Honda cordless ?

:crazy:

Tried Google and came back with no results.

19 hours ago, Hawg said:

I got a rapala Ion for Christmas, underpowered, hate it. Mr Twister for me, they never let you down. 

Grrrr. Already ordered it before I read you post.... may have to send it back. Do you know if any curved blades of the other brands will fit the twister?

2 hours ago, rl_sd said:

Grrrr. Already ordered it before I read you post.... may have to send it back. Do you know if any curved blades of the other brands will fit the twister?

Online reviews from other fisherman were good so I'm gonna keep mine and decide for myself.

1 hour ago, otterman91105 said:

My knife of choice for corded one is the american angler and for cordless i would take the rapala. The advantage to the corded one for me is it seems to last way longer. My last one i got almost 12 years out of it.

Have you burnt up a cordless rapala?

If your issue seems to be the curve of the knife blade why not just buy a cheap set of Rapala curved blades and grind of the square corner on the butt end of the blades so they will fit the knife you like.  I  do not like the straight blade design either and found this to be a much better option than changing knife brands.

I've had a couple American Angler but totaled the last one out filleting 30 lb carp for smoking.  I didn't blame it though.  Now I have a Rapala and have liked both of them very much.  Exception is the handle part on the AA is awful thick and even though I have big hands the Rapala fits better.  I put a Sabre blade on the American  and really liked  it as the blade was thinner and would like to do the same on the one I have now if it will fit.