• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clam XL 4000T Hub house

DTro

I received my replacement shelter today, everything was the correct size and measurements all up to spec, has the mesh ceiling storage, zipper pulls, larger skirt and is also the darker blue. Awesome customer service, real happy with the new shelter.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for this thread to get deleted just like the other Command Post thermal thread...

Same story. Great customer service. Very poor quality control. I'm a little curious about the "design issues." Are these actually Clam's designs or the chinese factories?

Got my replacement today. It was the correct size, and came along with different style pulls on the house/bag 2nd version maybe. It also came with a 3rd version of the pulls as well.

Got my replacement earlier this week while I was on my latest work trip. All is good. Measures out right and I am very happy. So, with all this talk of "great customer service" but "poor quality control," does Clam have a track record of missteps like this? Because from some of the posts, they make it sound like Clam has goofed on everything they produce. This is my first product with them, but I'd find it hard to believe that is the case if they've been in business for so many years? I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for my next purchase based on what I've seen so far and all the happy Clam owners out there.

Deer, the majority of Clam issues have been related to Hub style houses. Almost all brands have had some type of issue with the Poles, stiching, bags, etc, so Clam is not alone.

I rarely hear of any issues with there sled style houses.

Those ratcheting tie downs are sweet, I use them too cept I have an Ice series 2-3 man hub, wasn't sure I'd like it but I do...

all this big foot talk makes me want to go bigger but its usually just me so it suits my need...

This is my first product with them, but I'd find it hard to believe that is the case if they've been in business for so many years? I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for my next purchase based on what I've seen so far and all the happy Clam owners out there.

Clam is the number one seller out there. If every manufacturer has a 1% complaint rate, the company that sells 100 times as many houses will have more complaints. Plus, there are some people that you just can't make happy.

does Clam have a track record of missteps like this? Because from some of the posts, they make it sound like Clam has goofed on everything they produce.

Hub houses in general have had some quality issues, some brands or models more consistently than others. I bought a clam two seasons ago and I think I'm on my sixth house replaced under the same warranty. Only two have made it on the ice more than a hand full of times without completely failing.

I think the general experience is that if it works the first few times out of the box you received a good one. There was a thread deleted regarding command post thermals. I emailed a moderator and received no response for the deletion. But, you could imagine that 7-8 pages with the same problems and the same justifications from clam sponsored members looks like bad press.

The last time I had a command post they apologized for replacing it with the same model if you'd had 4 of them already.