• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO Cool Cats 2013

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting excited!!! can't wait to see everyone and catch some cats. been out the past couple days targeting them and I have to say Im pretty much hooked!!!!

Lol, another catfish addict grin

Headed out in a few min to do a little prefishing myself wink

Looking forward to this weekend! Hope some of you can find some time to stop by. Borch's fresh battered cats are worth it!

I rounded up a few small things to give away, so lets do a big fish contest!

I will bring along a digital scale.

Let's do an Adult Division and 16 and under division.

You should be able to find me hanging around Borch or near my Bigfoot Clam Shelter, or most likely close the the food. smile I will be in my Gray Striker Suit and HSO hat. Just bring your fish over and I'll keep track of the biggest. You can either donate the fish for the fry, keep it for yourself or release it. I would just ask that I can take a few pics.

Noon will be the cutoff time to enter a fish.

Borch and DarrEn, That's awesome!!!!!

Pretty sure I won't be in the big fish contest, and that's fine with me. It's a bit of a drive for me so I won't be there until around 8 or 9 ish. Don't wait for me!!! Get yer fish on!!!!

Looking forward to the event. This is a fun one!!!!!!

Hi all,

So, I have never fished for cats. This is my third year ice fishing and I am still learning all the tactics that come with the sport.

I was wondering, because I do not know anyone and I am actually the only fisherman in my group of friends (can you believe it!!!), does someone want to buddy up and make me not look like a complete fool? eek

I have an FL-8, Portable buddy, Bigfoot XL2000 and a toyota camry smile

I live in St. Louis Park. Please respond or PM me if you would like to do this.

Thank you!

Michael

I will just say that my plan is to drive out there from the winter access with my 4Runner.

haven’t been to the Meth hole in over a month now I think. Based on reports though I would have to estimate there is at least 20” of ice or maybe more. Everyone needs to use their own judgment on what they feel comfortable with.

It will be one of the few times in Cool Cats history that we don’t have issues with weather and/or ice conditions.

Now hopefully we can catch some fish. smile

Brett,

There are some fisherman who have posted that they will have extra room for folks in their fishhouses. I know that I will do my best to help folks out in icing a few kitties at the event. I'll be near a blue chev 1500HD and or in a Clam Denali fishhouse. Look me up.

Brett,

There are some fisherman who have posted that they will have extra room for folks in their fishhouses. I know that I will do my best to help folks out in icing a few kitties at the event. I'll be near a blue chev 1500HD and or in a Clam Denali fishhouse. Look me up.

cool thanks for the info, i have all my own gear just never been to that part of the lake before, ill pop in and say hi when i get there, ill be wearing a camo striker suit.

I will have an ion there, you can play with it all you want if I can drop off jr. in your wheelhouse for the day grin And to any one new to cats or ice fishing in general, will have some extra space and equipment if you want to give it a shot. Just PM me. Looks like the day is going to start off rather brisk and we might not get there till it is at least 5 below wink

I will have an ion there, you can play with it all you want if I can drop off jr. in your wheelhouse for the day grin

You know, we did that during the kids GTG on South Center a couple years ago with my other house. Had kids movies playing on the TV. It worked out great. Kids used it as a warming house smile

As far a Cool Cats....I won't be needing yours, but would love for you to bring it.

Just a heads up, we have between 18-22in of ice in the meth hole area, so we should be good. There is a visable (road) where trucks have been driving back to the spot. Just follow the tracks in the ice and you should be fine.

It would be a good idea to stop at your local grocery store and pick up a tub of chicken liver. It's been out producing minnows latley. If you can't find any at you local store, the Teal's in Cold Spring should have some.