• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

English Setter - Please Read.

A close friend of mine has to get rid of his 8 year old English Setter. While the dog was sleeping the other day on of his kids did something to it and it bit him. He didn't see what happened, and this is an isolated incident. Nevertheless, the family has decided that there are too many kids around their home to risk it ever happening again.

I've known this dog since he was born and have never seen one aggressive action from him.

Details - Male dog, lived outside until recently when they brought him in the house, he is house trained. Excellent grouse dog. Finds, points, holds, and retrieves grouse wonderfully. This dog will handle for anyone. I took him to Kansas when he was two and handled for me like he was mine. The dog is in Elk River and there would be no problem meeting him and seeing him before any decisions were made. The dog is in great shape and easily has 3 more productive seasons in him.

Email me if you are interested and I can try to answer any questions you might have.

[email protected]

As an english setter owner I wish I could help, except I have two setters now both inside dogs and my wife and I live in a small 2 bedroom house .

Years ago one supposedly bit a child on holloween, we where all busy conversing when it happened. when the child was asked by his parents what happened ,he said "he leaned over the dog and it bit me" none the less the law enforcement was called. and child was sent to the doctor.

The doctor confirmed it was a bite wound on his cheek. I qauratined the dog. as instructed to by law officers reassuring them it was vaccinated.

I was devasted at the thought of losing a hunting companion and a beloved pet.

years later the kid admitted it was a scratch. the dog jummped a clawed him in the face while he was teasing it with a peice of chocalate held over his own head .

so that being said make sure you know for sure what happened before abandoning the animal. kids lie because they dont wanna get into trouble !!

And now its official with the local law enfocement on record he's a biter.one more false acussation. and so long !

I hope somebody steps up and takes the dog ..my female is in her 15th year and is currently experiancing symptoms of what appears to be kidney failure . I cant imagine life without her. dogs are loyal critters hope his owners is loyal to his companion and sees it to a good home

best wishes