• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morson Ice/Fishing Reports

Arrived on the 10th, Thursday and was meet with rain all nite. Lake turned to 100% slush on Friday. Rob at Tolens Pelican Landing let us use his house for the day. Thanks Rob! We caught walleyes & sauger all day and had a great fry that nite. Friday nite we got 6 to 8 inches of snow with continued warm temps. I hate slush, so we fished close to the mainland on Saturday with OK results. By Sunday morning we woke up to -15 temp.Froze the lake up nice but also wreeked havoc with the equipment. Went to Whitefish Bay, saw wolves, caught trout,broke my auger rack which then busted my auger handle. The trip wasn't much fun, but the freinds, food and experience makes me want to do it all over again. Auger rack and auger are already fixed and I'm looking forward to next outing. NO SLUSH! WFT

Fished the 15th,16th, &17th. Targeted crappies the first day, walleyes the second, and lakers the third. Wow! What a lake. slush on Whitefish. Was like white out conditions on Sunday but we made it back. Rob at Pelican Landing was a great help in pointing us in the right direction, thanks for all your help Rob! Over a foot of snow between Sat & Sun with wind. Mon & Tues I woke to 20 below, no wind and sunny. The lake was a little rough but not bad. Weather must have made the crappies extra hungry. Big & plentyful. Biggest eye was 27.5 inches while crappie fishing. Caught on my lightest noodle rod. What a blast. Can't wait to get back up. WFT

Boy pretty dead on this site, either no one is fishing or they are refusing to share info...

I'm heading up Thursday for the 3rd trip in 4 weeks, but to hell with ya if I'll say when, where or how!

Take care on the ice!

I hear ya WT! I'm heading up the same time you are and can't seem to find any into on travel conditions. Oh well I'm just hoping this means no one is fishing there and we're going to have the lake to ourselves! I'm expecting deep snow with some big drifts and slush in some areas.

ANYONE out there with a recent report on lake or fishing conditions?