• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

go pro cameras?

They're really neat little cameras and do a lot of things really well. However, for filming a hunt, IMO their use is pretty limited. They lack a good zoom and even when animals are close, they look a looooong ways away.

Well in playing around with the camera I discovered that on the original video setting, the picture is indeed distorted making images seem further away. But upon changing the video setting to 1080 and taking a video of the kids in the background I found the video to be much better, taking away the distortion. It is a cool camera and I'm looking forward to taking the camera out this weekend.

Make sure you get the go pro2, not the original go pro. Update the firmware by going to go pro's site. Then set the video settings to 1080 and narrow. This will give you video that is zoomed in a lot more and not so wide angle. Quite nice actually for treestand hunting.

One last thing - I didn't have much luck with the headband. You never know exactly where its looking. And at full draw you have to offset it on your head to get it looking straight ahead. It's hard to track a deer with it this way as it's walking through the woods. I've had much better luck mounting the camera on my bow.

I take the sticky pads and stick them whole mount to the top of my site, works pretty good! I have the first gopro version, hope to get the Gopro3 soon so I can drop some weight on my bow and get enhanced audio and video features.

Just a few things I've found using the go pro 3. First the footage is awesome. I was at a friends last night and we routed the files from the computer to his x box so we could watch them on his big screen. Absolutely awesome. He has the same headstrap mount as I do. His point of view videos duck hunting were awesome. Looking down the end of the barrel....muzzle blast....shell ejecting.....bird down....dog retrieval. He had a bowkill of a doe. Again it was sweet. The picture quality was insanely good on the HD TV. A nice feature to the go pro 3 hero is the wi Fi capabilities. There is an app you can download to your smartphone. You can then connect to the camera and control it. You can also watch a preview.....or basically a live video feed on your phone. So when I get up in my bow stand I use this feature to pivot the camera to where I want it. Now you know what you are video taping when the time comes. The range on the wi Fi is about 50 feet. Picture ice fishing in portables 50 feet from your buddy. No need to yell at him to see how he is doing. No need to walk over there. Just connect to each others go pros and have a live video feed of him going on your phone Haha.