• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eagle Claw's inline ice reel! Are U into the fly ice reel craze yet?

fisherman-andy

I think I played with mine too much..... grin

The free spool on one of mine now only works if you hold the button in. I still need to put some hot sauce in them hopefully it comes back to life lol

I have literally played with these things since I got them in the mail the other day, I put them in the deep freeze for 6 hours and they came out fully operational, so I stuck them in a tupperware and submerged them and froze them again into a block of ice....still worked after breaking them out. so thats a plus, was just playing with the spool tension knob and the free spool stopped working, so Im hoping there is something gummed up in it. the other reel I got still works flawless.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The free spool on one of mine now only works if you hold the button in. I still need to put some hot sauce in them hopefully it comes back to life lol

I have literally played with these things since I got them in the mail the other day, I put them in the deep freeze for 6 hours and they came out fully operational, so I stuck them in a tupperware and submerged them and froze them again into a block of ice....still worked after breaking them out. so thats a plus, was just playing with the spool tension knob and the free spool stopped working, so Im hoping there is something gummed up in it. the other reel I got still works flawless.

LOL, geez at least get to enjoy and use the reel first before you break it. grin

so what store still has these instock? laugh

Not sure if any Gander stores left in MN have them in stock at this point. Your best is if you have a buddy or family who lives in the surrounding midwest or northeast states check their local Ganders for inventory.

As of yesterday I know the Gander in Rothschild, WI which was relatively untouched had like 4 Eagle Claw inline reels left.

Way too much information for this site bro! Ha kidding. I have been looking at an inline real for a long time. Still up in the air on buying one. I am mostly a walleye guy but fish in some real shallow lakes. Maybe it will be on the christmas list.

I have a good question that I think a lot of people who are looking into this reels are concerned with. I just bought 3 of these eagle claw reels and I am trying to find a way to convert the reels from left hand drive like they come to right hand drive. I already took the reel apart and its doesn't look all that easy.

If anyone could please help me please reply. Other wise I will have three brand new reels for sale.

Good question as thats the way I roll too

I cant see Reed's having more then a few dozen for pre-orders. And their the only ones currently offering it online as of today for $99. They are also showing what may not be the final product picture. None of the other sites have them online for pre-order yet. Check w/your local stores.

If you wanna get in on 13 Fishing 6061 inline reel you better do it soon...

I picked mine up today. I don't even have line on them and I love them. Can't wait to get out on the ice and use them. Just need to switch them to RH retrieve.

Is there a need to put backing on these first? Also, I have an actual fly reel I got this summer for a hell of a good price. I do not know the size, but do I need backing on this? If so, what do you all recommend? I know this has been asked before, I am new to fly pr inline reels.