• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tigers or Giants?

mrklean

I am Tiger fan from birth. I am old school. I couldnt care less about the WS. They swept the Yankees. Thats more than I could ask for. I remembern 1984 like it was yesterday. My dad and I weeping for joy after Gibbie hit that homerun. But there was no Yankee sweep that year. This year, a WS title would just be greedy after the ALCS domination. Go Tigers

I think Detroit rock city mainly because if Verlander wins 2 for them they can get a win out of Scherzer and Fister. I don't think Prince and Miguel and even Delmon who likes the fastball, they won't be intimidated but SF got there somehow so they have magic on their side. Detroit in 6 so it'll be SF in 6 lol.

I was surprised Detroit lost with Verlander on the mound. His stuff just didn't look quite as good as normal. Although that first homerun that Sandoval hit was just crazy. I couldn't believe he turned on that high and tight heater like he did.

If you're Detroit and you go down 2-0, do you start Verlander again in Game 4 and hope he's ready for game 7 if it goes that far?

SF, yep there's a reason they made it, actually many reasons, have a night big panda, Detroit must have this next 1. Barry Zito wow, I bet that felt pretty good being left off the roster a couple years ago and all the overpayed comments etc. He erased a lot of those memories last night.

When I saw Verlanders heater if the gun was accurate last night you almost knew he could have trouble, his change-up was a waste so hitters had 2 options and does he tip his off-speed stuff, it sure seemed like he pushes that ball into his off speed grip before he takes it out to throw the pitch, it just seemed more obvious on his off-speed pitches vs. his fastball, must not or he would've fooled nobody, but watch that in his next start.

It was great to see the Giants wax the Tigers, it was almost like watching the Twins in different uniforms! Love that style of home brewed old school baseball.

Not surprising, but very interesting to listen to the coaches, players and fans after the game.

Team work, unselfessness, intangibles, camaraderie, Laughter, positive attitudes all the things that lead to this fantastic 3 year run!

Whats the big deal so our 2 time Cy Young award winner can't pitch any-longer, heck we'll just put him in the bull-pen and the rest of our Pitchers who are ALL home raised Giants through our farm system will pick up the slack!

Way to go Giants~

pier, don't you know the manager and payroll win the world series and nothing else?

no silly. it's the bullpen coach and a base coach that win and lose championships. had our twins made those changes prior to this season, we'd all be celebrating right now our very own twins world series championship.

We all know that the manager has absolutely no role or accountability in a team's success or failure. that's why none of the teams in baseball never, ever fire their managers. the manager's responsibility is to spit seeds, give players cute little nicknames that end in the letter "y" and be in cheesy tv commercials.