• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Delmon Young

JBMasterAngler

That could be the most absurd comment I've ever heard in the baseball forums considering Delmon hit more homeruns with the Twins in a much tougher park to hit bombs then he has with the Tigers! crazy

Also 2 home-runs and a .300 average does not make one the next Babe Ruth.

But now its Gardys fault... LMAO!

First off, I don't have the time to follow the stats so it took me a while to get around to looking it up. That said, I'm proud to be nominated for a preposterous statement. Too bad it's true though.

As a Twin, you pick out Delmon's anomaly year of 21 home runs to purport his greatness as a Twin. Delmon's average as a twin was less than 14 HR's per year. And I excluded his first year which would have lowered this stat even more while including the banner 21 year.

But the HR stat is a function of playing time and at bats so let's look at games played each year per home run. A lower number would mean more HR's per playing time.

As a Twin, he hit a HR about every 12.99 games played (including the odd 21 year, excluding his first year).

In the year and a third as a Tiger he hits a home run every 6.69 games played.

Next lets look at the year he was traded.

84 games played and count them, 4 home runs.

Put on a Tigers uniform and hits 8 HR's in the next 40 games.

Secondly, I didn't blame Gardy. I said it is his management style. It's the way he coaches. Under that style, a HR hitter is not needed. Mauer is a perfect fit for Gardy's style of baseball because neither of them are looking for the long ball. They just want on base percents through the roof.

So yeah, good for Young to be able to play for a team that will let him swing for the fences more often.

I always get a kick out of "he's getting nothing to hit" if you're not then take a walk, the plate dimensions haven't changed, here comes a heavy dose of curveballs tonight Delmon, Zito is going wow ? Big Park Barry so you have a shot, somehow I picture Prince splashing 1 in the ocean vs lefty tonight or not.