• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Delmon Young

JBMasterAngler

Depends on how far they go in the play offs.

Just another Twin doing well that ia no longer with us.

Kyle Loshe and JJ Hardy are a few more doing preety good with play off teams. That list could go on and on with the players we have left go and now are doing well enough to play on champion contending teams.

Give me a break....Delmon Young was boo-ed out of here by

the Twins fans...come up with some better line then he

is another in the mix of ex-Twins doing well.

It took Lohse how many years after he left the Twins to

start to look like a pitcher...another one most fans boo-ed out

of here...

He hit five of them last year. Talk is, he won't be back next year. No place for him, with V-Mart back in as DH. Young is no longer adequate in the outfield. Not sure he was ever anything more than mediocre on defense.

Delmon is really just a dh with is poor defense, although still not sure why teams don't just put him back out in rf his spot that he came up to the bigs because lf is not good for him at all. He's probably destined to become someone's dh next year if not with the tigers.

He, like quite a few former twins is better off on a different team. The gardy/vavra slap it the opposite way hitting mentality just doesn't cut it for some players. And for others, (this year's likely cy young winner), they just didn't get used properly with the twins. And yet for others who had just a little bit of attitude or brashness, they just didn't fit the role of the vanilla type that gardy prefers so they are doing better where they are allowed to be themselves. It's unfortunate given the current state of the twins, but that's reality and sounds like it will remain that way for at least one more year.

Harvey is right. Many players leave here and do well. And what does the fans booing players have to do with anything? Most fans in the stands couldn't name you 1/2 the players. Twins fans boo players who come back playing for another team after they were TRADED. They didn't choose to leave. It's team management that cuts them loose. Good for Delmon.

He, like quite a few former twins is better off on a different team. The gardy/vavra slap it the opposite way hitting mentality just doesn't cut it for some players.

This.

Delmon wasn't the first hitter to leave and suddenly start hitting home runs. As long as Gardy is here, he won't be the last.

That is my main complaint about Gardy, the swing to contact no matter what mentality. That doesn't work with hitters like Young who's forte is hitting them out of the park. It ruins players like that.

Good for Delmon for getting away from Gardy to somewhere else where he is allowed to swing.

I'm surprised Gardy hasn't ruined Plouffe yet with this nonsense.

This.

Delmon wasn't the first hitter to leave and suddenly start hitting home runs. As long as Gardy is here, he won't be the last.

That is my main complaint about Gardy, the swing to contact no matter what mentality. That doesn't work with hitters like Young who's forte is hitting them out of the park. It ruins players like that.

Good for Delmon for getting away from Gardy to somewhere else where he is allowed to swing.

I'm surprised Gardy hasn't ruined Plouffe yet with this nonsense.

bwahaahaa.

delmon's career high for homeruns = 21, and it was with.... wait for it.... the twins.

Delmon hasn't been doing any better with the Tigers then he did with the Twins. The guy hit .298 and had 112 RBI's in 2010. Yea a couple timely homers and hits in the playoffs, but his season totals are no better. Plus we got Willingham our most productive hitter in left now.

I miss sitting in the LF seats and rooting for Delmon. He'd somehow catch one and we'd cheer, "Way to go, Grandma!!" We figured it had to get under his skin, but I guess he must have been able to see the future. Miss you, Grandma...

That could be the most absurd comment I've ever heard in the baseball forums considering Delmon hit more homeruns with the Twins in a much tougher park to hit bombs then he has with the Tigers! crazy

Also 2 home-runs and a .300 average does not make one the next Babe Ruth.

That being said I think Delmon is in the perfect place. DH-ing behind 2 of the best hitters and OBS players in the league. With Delmon you just keep him out of fair territory and hope he hits one of his hot streaks when you need it. He's always hand great hand eye coordination and the talent to hit the ball. It's just the rest of the total package that has held Delmon back from being the ALL STAR, strike that multiple ALL STAR Player that a lot of you predicted.

But now its Gardys fault... LMAO!

No doubt Joe M. 35 post season AB's, 1 RBI, some guys can step up at the right time in the post-season and some guys know they should be and they don't. Every guy swinging the stick has a chance. Shuffleboots and the boys going to cap off the yanks with the broom waving ?

when i seen delmon rounding the bases last night after his solo shot... i couldn't help but think how embarrassing it must be for a franchise like the tigers to have a guy like delmon young have the franchise record for post season hr's.

lol, wow no doubt how about Lance Parrish or Kirk Gibson or I guess it's the D train, shuffleboots, I bet he also set a record on that trot for most choppy steps from the box to the plate lol. Wonder if Dmitri is in the stands inhaling dome dogs etc. dripping mustard down an old Tiger jersey, purchasing 2 seats so he has room for 2 drinks and an extra layer and styling gel for his dreds.

a superstar he ain't but he's just done something no twin or recent ex twin has done in getting mvp for alcs. And he's the first player ever to have 4 game winning rbi's in a playoff series. that ain't bad for a bum player who wasn't wanted on a 99 loss team last year. I'd like to see the tigers get the championship this year.

The cardinals' pitching is going to mop the floor with D-yo. You heard it here first, one of the bit stories of the world series is "how the heck could Delmon Young have such a great start to the playoffs, only to collapse so hard?"

This is Twin fannage right here. 'Our team is better without your ALCS MVP. He's no good. OK he might have done good this time, but next time hes gonna suck.' Probably he will suck. Because usually everyone does suck. Thats why they give an award when you DONT SUCK. You guys have been harping on how bad Delmon is for over a year. Can you not see hes been a valuable player on a team thats won the division two yrs in a row? How crazy are you people? I come to the baseball forum everyday to get reminded I am sane.