• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Getting closer...

Gun is all sighted in with the new ammo. Scent washed the clothes and hung them out on the line last night. Next up is knife sharpening and batteries in my flash lights.

Time is short now. I am envious of all you archery hunters already in the field...

Got out with my rifle yesterday and dialed it in as well. Haven't shot it in about a month since archery started going so it was nice to get it going again. Firearms is still my favorite time of the year and one that I love getting ready for. Which reminds me, time to pull out the orange... 30 days until deer camp for me!

Saw the ad yesterday for slugs at FF and it got me thinking about deer season. After last year, I will have to resight in the slug gun, but I also have to wait until the first weekend in Dec. to head home to Iowa and hunt. I have time to hang up the orange and sharpen knives and figure out if I need rain gear, snow gear or short sleeve tshirt this year. Last years rain was miserable to say the least

30 days until deer camp for me!

I always get a little envious right about now. I havent hunted in Minnesota for about 10 years. The itch is definately there, I just have to wait a little while longer to scratch it!

Weather is the one thing that's the question mark every year. Last couple of years on opener, if I recall correctly, were warm enough to shed coveralls and parkas for sweatshirts. I'm being selfish, I've got a brand new parka that needs to get dirty so It would be nice to have 2 inches of snow, and 20 degree highs...

I don't know about snow, but I agree, everything seems to be 2-3 weeks ahead this year. Going to cold over the next week. I will take any kind of weather, I just hope its not windy. That really screws things up for everyone where I am at.

Funny but I want high winds lol, makes my deep in the swamp areas sometimes the only shot at seeing anything, keeps them off the edges and fields, but no doubt the perfect weather is when you reach in your wallet and look for your wire and tag to put it on him. smile

Had the day off and went to the range and shot on the 200 yard bay. The federal premium barnes triple shock are on the $.

One more chance to check the cameras this week end. Hope to have something to dream about on opener. So far, nothing....

full-29355-25236-200yd.jpg