• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to trap Bobcats

Hey everyone. Is there anyone out there that is consistently successful at trapping Bobcats in MN? If so, I would really like to know what some of the true fire ways to catch them are. My family has a cabin in an area with good numbers, and have read a few things here there on the internet, but I would like to hear how to do it from a MN resident that has experience in MN.

Thanks!

I know of people in Canada that use mainly snares for lynx. I would be will to try that, but what should the set look like? Is is necessary to use some kind of eye catcher, or is the smell of meat enough?

I've trapped a few cats, and they are not normally enticed with bait - they are very good hunters so my guess is they are not typically interested in any food you have to offer. They are a creature of habit, however, and often use the same trails repeatedly. I think of them as an overgrown house cat - attractors and scents work the best for me. If there is no relatively recent sign, I wouldn't bother making a set.

Kyle,

I am not a cat trapper but have a best friend who is an expert on cat trapping, in fact he is having a book published on this topic. Check out MN Trappers Supply out of Pennock, MN, great HSOforum with books etc on Bobcats and my buddies book will be available on the HSOforum soon. He says they are not difficut to trap but you need to scout, have patience and understand thier habits.

J