• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where can I hunt?

I'm having trouble figuring out where I can and can't hunt. So far I've only hunted where I know it's legal but I'm having a hard time finding out about other places. I've been comparing city ordinances (when I can find them) and state laws, but it leaves a lot in question.

What's the best way to find out if it's OK to hunt a lake?

Thanks,

Kid

How do I find the contact info for the local CO's? The DNR HSOforum doesn't seem to list them unless they are for a specific WMA. I've talked to s couple police officers that weren't sure on their answers, but I didn't try the sheriff's office.

carlos avery

laugh

We've had problems finding a concrete answer to where we could hunt also. We contacted local CO's, they told us to contact the city. City to told us to contact a neighboring city. Both city's ended up telling us to contact the DNR. DNR told us to contact the army corps of engineers. Everyone we contacted told us to contact someone else. Never did get an answer.... Shocking that would happen in Minnesota crazy

had the same thing happen to me up here. none of the people want to answer it. i called the city the city said call the police the police said call the ak state troopers and they said call the city......then i drank a beer

This might be the wrong way to go about it, but if they don't know you can't do it, how are they going to give you a ticket?

Of course if they end up taking your gun, boat and truck then it might not be worth it...

Some city websites also have some decent info like city limits and if they have no hunting within the city limits. Common sense goes a long ways too.

We got in minor trouble 1 year, we hunted a chopped field and by goodness according to the plat book we were in the city limits even though there wasn't a house for nearly a mile, I said so all of these fields are in town sorta he said yes I asked seems like the end of goose hunting in this town, grain,chopped and combined corn, the birds will never leave the city limits yet we want them thinned back as the local paper complains yearly about the feces in the park, I told the CO then you must talk to the guy that has that wagon deer stand over there in town. Good Luck !

We got in minor trouble 1 year, we hunted a chopped field and by goodness according to the plat book we were in the city limits even though there wasn't a house for nearly a mile, I said so all of these fields are in town sorta he said yes I asked seems like the end of goose hunting in this town, grain,chopped and combined corn, the birds will never leave the city limits yet we want them thinned back as the local paper complains yearly about the feces in the park, I told the CO then you must talk to the guy that has that wagon deer stand over there in town. Good Luck !

Did you get a ticket?

This is what I thought when someone else said they hunt no where close to city limits. Well how do you know unless you have a map of the city limits??