• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Two Labs ready to be put down...

DaSwede

Looking for someone to help out. Just talked with our local police chief (Blooming Prairie, MN). He's got two really nice labs (a black and a yellow...both females I think) that he's "held in custody" for 2 weeks, which is about a week longer than he normally does (he's a lab guy). They are set to be put down very soon (he's holding off as long as possible). From what he says they are VERY nice dogs...obedient and friendly.

If you know of anyone that wants a dog, please pass this on to them. They can call the Blooming Prairie Police Department at (507) 583-7885.

As I'm typing this, the black one may be taken...my sister just emailed me. I'll keep everyone posted!

A wonderful story! I just lost my beloved Annie, sweetest little girl dog you've ever met, so it does my heart good to hear this story. After all the dogs I've been through you'd think I'd be able to take it, but it still hurts. A lot. She was my last Lab (I'm old) and she got 7 good years and the %)#(%%^#$% cancer got her.

Hug yer dogs tonight guys. Love 'em. You don't know when you might lose 'em.

+1 Ufatz, I just had to put my girl down on Monday. She looked pretty close to that black lab pictured. I am glad someone gave these guys a home. My Lacey was adopted as well. She was the best dog ever, and she always seemed to apprecaite us and her new home. As the place we adopted her from really did not give her due attn and bad living conditions. I will probably adopt again next round, as they just seem to know how lucky they are. Plus there is no better company to be in than that of a good dog.

As I look back over 50 years of black Labradors I realize what an important part of our life they have been. We have had more than a dozen, each with his or her own personality. All were from the same kennel. We never had a dog that was not a quick learner, a gentle spirit or a devoted hunter. Mainly they were our friends; always with a happy face first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

Hard to have a sad day with a Lab by your side.

Yes, by all means find another pal. It will help take away the pain of losing Lacey yet will not replace her in your heart.

I hate the thought of a household without a dog in it.