• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kamik Goliath 1

DLD24

I am looking for a new boot for ice fishing and hunting. I was at MG today and saw the kamik goliaths they fit nice, so my question is does anyone have these, if so are they nice boots?? thanks for any input
I know it's costly to have two pairs of boots. But I have never had a pair of boots for all the walking I do for hunting at 35 above that I wanted to use when sitting on the ice all day and it's 35 below. Either your going to sweat or freeze in them trying to find one that works for both! wink

Sweaty feet lead to cold feet if the moisture isn't pulled away via gore Tex or proper base layer socks. If buying one pair of boots across that temp range go lighter on insulation but invest in quality socks. Base layer to pull moisture away and then warmth layer for heat retention. Do nit get cotton socks.

I have a pair of boots that have 400 grams thinsulate and I wear them pheasant hunting deer hunting and ice fishing without issues. Change up my sock regimen depending on what I'm doing.

I'm actually against using two pairs of socks even liner wicking socks. A boot guy gave that tip long ago and I have never looked back. These boots today are designed to wick moisture so you just need to match with one good heavy sock. I usually try a sock with 80% merino wool and 20% ploy.