• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I plan to get myself some full body mallard decoys here soon, and I have been eyeballlin up the big foot mallards... any body tried these yet? Trying to figure out how the stands work, if they are perm attached and fold up into the body or what the story is... like GHG decoys, but we have lost a couple stands due to losing them in the corn stubble and not noticing because they are a separate piece. Or maybe the Dakotas are the way to go... AHHH... choices, thoughts and opinions appreciated... was leaning towards the big foots for fair price per dozen, and they come with a 12 slot bag... seems like a good value to me...

Goose decoys work well too with spinners going... That is til it's legal to use. I like ghg duck fb's and never had a problem losing stakes. I always pick up stakes with the decoys, not leaving them out and pick the stakes up after all decoys have been cleared because they are easy to lose. I would go with the hardcores or Dakota's over big foots.

do you guys know if there are any stores with the big foots on the shelf?? The GHG deeks are plenty nice decoys... And I would be satisfied with them... we just have some grounds we can hunt with limited vehicle travel, so sometimes the stakes get miss placed in the shuffle, and they are impossible to find once you loose them. I have thoughts of wrapping some reflective tape on them up where the body would cover, but is lost at least you could try to go out with a flash light after dark and find it...

got reflective tape on every decoy stake I own. Its a great way to find em in the dark.

Dunn's has Tanglefree FB duck feeders for $70 right now. Don't overlook shells too. I have 24 ghg mallard shells in a 12 slot bag and honestly they are a better bang for the buck and just as effective. Only time I use my FB's any more is mud flats. (sleepers and resters).

well, settled on a dozen dakotas and a 12 slot bag... stakes where simple, flocked heads looked nice, and they seamed to be a good decoy. Also noticed the stakes are painted flat black... good attention to detail I would say...