• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where to buy complete plow kit

mabr

Ok I made the move to the Alexandria area and I now need to get ready for winter. I wanted to buy a tractor for snow removal but its going to have to wait for now. So Im looking at getting a plow for the 03 450 foreman.

Anyone have advise on what to look at? I think i want a 60". I don't have a winch but i may get one. Are the winch mounts hard to get or will I need to go through Honda for it. How about the plow mount, I want a frame mount vs front mount for strength. Where should i start for pricing? I looked at shadetree online and wasn't too impressed with there pricing in all honesty. I stopped by the honda dealer in Alex today and he wanted a little over $600 with manual lift (not to bad IMO) but curious what others think.

I use a manual lift and it works great so you dont really need winch

there are several free shipping sellers on the eeee bay site. I would say your going to be out $400+ for a whole set up with mounts, push tubes and blades.

You could also try DennisKirk or RockymountainATV online.

I bought a 60" plow kit that came with plow,push bars and mounts complete for my machine plus an electric lift that mounts right on the plow itself. The lift is a strap lift that just hooks to your fron rack. Works slicker than i thought it would and faster than a winch lift by quite a bit. Im extremely happy with it and when you unhook the plow the lift stays with it so the only thing left is the wire harness. Would DEFINITELY purchase again. Ordered it fom the zon of ama HSOforum for about $550 complete.

hardyboy what was the name or brand of that plow?

It is a Cycle Country complete plow set. The lift was not part of the "kit" but made for that brand plow and bolts directly to it. I got it on the big eeeeee baaaaayy auction site. My other post said it was other site but it wasnt.

I had the electric lift and then switched to a winch.

For me the winch was a no brainer.

One thing to keep in mind is the blade gets a lot heavier when there is snow hanging on to it.

Also with the winch you still have a winch on the front of the machine that may come in handy when not plowing.

Just to clarify.

I switched to a winch because I burned up 2 electric lifts in 4 years.

I had a 60" Moose undermount plow on my Honda Foreman.

Some jerk stole my Honda this summer so I replaced that with a J.D. Gator UTV.

The UTV requires a 66" front mount plow to get outside the wheels.

For this I went with a unit from Eagle Mfg. made in Isanti. It looks like a good unit, we will see how it holds up.

I am going to put the Moose plow on the C list now that I don't need it.