• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer Bearing Question

Raider4ever

Did not want to hijack Lambjm's thread so I will post it here. A few people have stated that Bearing Buddies aren't all that good. I have them on my boat trailer and for the amount of hauling I do, they seem to do well enough.

But, if BB's aren't all that good, what brand of trailer bearings would be the best? We are planning a family reunion on Spirit Lake in Iowa next summer and would like to have trailer bearings I can trust. Thanks everyone.

raider- bearing buddies gave me a sense of aok if I put grease in the bearings but you can't put too much grease in then it blows the back seal out (happened to me) and then your bearing go out. The system that I went to pushes the grease from the back out the front and will not hurt the seal. With the bearing buddies they are a add on item so you take those off and pull your bearings out and manually repack them with fresh grease and you will be good to go...A little tip that I got was to carry a backup set of bearings in case you have a problem they are greased and ready to go...or do like I did and just but a new hub/bearing assembly for a little more and have that as a spare...clean and easy for the side of the road repair!!