• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally my trophy deer

Abndoc

My 9 yr old has been sitting with me for 4 years...never had a deer walk by. He started to think he was bad luck. Ask him yesterday if he wanted to go out in the woods with me. Shook his head no, I'm bad luck. I said, come on-it has nothing to do with you, lets go. We get up in our stands around 5pm. At 530 a doe comes running through the woods and stops about 40 yards away, then disappears over a ridge. 15 mins later she comes back and I double lung her at 27 yards. Cole screams out on impact you nailed her!!! If not for his harness, he would of fell out of the tree in pure excitement. It took everything I could do to keep himin the tree for 15mins waiting for to expire. We got down and he ran to my arrow, and the track was on. I followed him helping him along the way. Finally we came upon our "trophy". A young yearling doe. He helped gut her out and drag her to the truck. Called almost everyone in my phone on the way home, telling them how we got a huge doe. Since his birth, one of the best moments I have ever experienced with him. Asked this morning if he could show her to the bus driver. What a night!!! full-27112-24692-0923121810.jpg

That is great. That is so cool for the both of you! I am hoping to get some more time in with my son before it gets too cold for him. We only get one deer in our area but it will be the first adult deer if he's along because of this very reason. Great work as a father and introducing him to deer hunting! The smile and pic say it all.