• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thank You Thorne Bros.

MNCPRGUY

Thank you Thorne Bros., all the vendors, the Ice Team pros, and all those who brought their mods to the event! It was a great day!

I will definitely be back next year! I would like to offer one suggestion however. Please consider improving the raffle process. I arrived at 9am and stayed the entire day with my 11 year old son. Unfortunately, that meant we had to watch one couple in particular put multiple tickets in the box throughout the day and win at least three times! It's too bad that even at a free family event some people cannot resist the temptation to be dishonest.

Thanks again for the great event. My ice fishing juices are definitely flowing and I am a Thorne Bros. patron for life!

I also would like to thank Thorne Bros for putting on this event.

Some of the new equipment for this season is amazing. How bout that Strikemaster with the 4 stroke Honda engine? Amazingly quiet, could barely tell it was running. The Ion was also a eye catcher. The electric auger from Eskimo looks like a great choice if you are looking for an electric auger.

I also had to take advantage of the in-store specials. I bought 3 Salmo Chubby Darters $5! Jiffy missed out on seling me a snap cover as there wasn't any in stock at the store. So I went and checked out the Cold-Snap cover. He ran to his truck to check if he had a 9" but he didn't. So, he gave me a discount for ordering online. That how business should be done! Sold. Put my order in this morning. Sorry Jiffy but I already have to order a new recoil from you, yet again, so you'll get my money that way.

I agree that the raffle should be revised. My parents were there all day and my mom won twice and my dad once. I missed the first raffle but didn't win anything. So on topic of dishonesty I cannot say for sure. All I know is that luck conquers all. Ask the guy who won the Scout TC!

Thanks TB ... great job on getting lots of vendor reps to display an early peak at a lot of the new/upgraded gear for the new season.

I was shocked to see how quickly the store was redone to display so much ice fishing stuff already ... they must be one of the earliest to do so.

The free grilled hot dogs & chips was a nice bonus.

It was pretty darn cool to see some faces you see on TV all the time. Pete, Brian, Jim, Joel and others.

I think there were so many folks there that they even got the attention of Blaine Police which I assume was parking related. shocked

I saw some vids on the LX-9 a few weeks ago... my goodness. I want one.

So, by the pics, I should have probably waited until after lunch to get over there. I had to pick up some fly materials so was in the store around 9-10am.

I did see some of the portables though, this one gave me some ideas.

IMG_4632_zpsba1b251f.jpg

Saw a demo on that ion too, holy cow that thing is sweet!

Didn't stick around long, and didn't look at the deals on ice stuff... to be honest I can't come to terms with winter's inevitability yet.

DC I got my hands on the Striker Ice Rod bag at the Mn State Fair. I liked it a lot. Some may say it's a bit big, but I liked it. Great storage, nice rod channels, and solid straps, I will be getting one to compliment my array of rod bags and storage cases.