• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Adventure

Iambjm

After a summer of health issues, and working on my garden, trying to get my garage cleaned out, poor fishing, outboard motor problems I am stoked for an upcoming fishing trip. I am headed to a fish camp put on by Wisconsin Women Fish Oct 5-7th, along with 50 other women. I went last year and I was so impressed, I got to meet Walleye fishing pro Marriane Huskey, took several seminars, got to fish planer boards for the first time, not to mention all the fishing tips I learned.

This years fish camp is going to be even more exciting. This year we will have a special guest from the Lady Bass Anglers Association by the name of Marsha Reifsteck. Marsha has been fishing as a co angler on the tour of the Lady Bass Anglers Association and she will be informing us on all the details of fishing this circuit, plus we will have the privilege of having a top notch Fly Fishing Guide from the western Up of Michigan, Nome Buckman. She is going to be offering a class in Fly Fishing for Bass and Pan Fish. Saturday night they are having a pig roast, yummm.

Classes, seminars, fishing, entertainment, fishing tournament Sunday morning, prizes, awards. I have done several events with these ladies and I always have fun and end up with a lot of interesting and funny stories to tell. I will make sure to post an update after the event.

Now on to repairing a blown wheel bearing on my boat trailer (again, did one 2 years ago) then I have to get the outboard worked on to get it running in tip top shape again, and maybe getting a little fishing done before I go.

Well my fishing adventure almost didn't happen. First I had to fix the wheel bearings on my trailer, then it took 25 phone calls to find someone to look at my motor to find out why it was running so bad. Then I had a doctor's appointment for my husband that rapidly turned into a nightmare. The Tuesday before I was supposed to leave we found out that he has an aneurysm that has gotten significantly larger, plus a leaking aortic valve. He had an angiogram, then we saw a surgeon who proceeded to tell my husband that he wouldn't operate on him because of other health issues. He was very rude and had the bedside manner of a cockroach. We went home that day feeling almost hopeless. I offered to stay home from fish camp but he insisted I go.

So Thursday I headed to Chetek with mixed feelings about even going. I got there and was greeted by 30 mile an hour winds and temps around 41 degrees. Long story short I took 3 seminars that weekend, one on lines and rod and reel choices, one on rigging plastics, and one on crankbaits and their functions and uses. I got my boat out for 2 hours on Saturday and froze my keester, then had a great roast pork meal Saturday night, plus some really fun times. Fished for 4 hours Sunday morning (it was 23 degrees when we went out) and only caught one fish. Came in for the rewards ceremony and raffle and went home with some nice prizes.

Despite everything I had a good time, ate some great food, and met some awesome new gals. Can hardly wait for their next event!!!