• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Antlerless Permits

Wobbler

That is really too bad, its hard to believe given the number of deer in some areas that there are still doe permits. Hopefully the numbers come back up.

Just take a look at the deer map, lots of blue out there. If you hunt a managed or intensive area you are one of the few. I do get a sense the DNR is listening and hopfully the lotto/doe permits will help improve the herd in the future.

Yeah, I see the blue, and its disappointing. Hopefully those populations rebound quickly for you guys. I know last year we were in intensive harvest and there was nowhere near the amount of deer they thought there was. This year we are managed, and I am thankful for that. I really wish that intensive harvest was 3 deer. It seems like such a jump to go from 2 deer to 5 deer. It seems like we see the population crash to almost nothing after a few years of intensive harvest, even though the reports say very few people shoot more than 3 deer. I would much rather see us sustain a slightly higher population, than one that is slightly low. Although I can see the theory's behind both of them. The more biologically sound theory would support the lower population, the hunter in me supports a larger population. Go figure.