• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not till the morning

harvey lee

Went out to the stand at 4:30 and at 4:45 a 8 or 10 pter came strolling by. Took a shot and hit a small branch but stuck the arrow in the buck. Shot was a bit high but at a steep angle as the buck was inly 14 yards from me and I was 20ft up in the tree.

Waited 30 minutes and got down to see what I had for blood. 2 yards from where the deer was shot, there was good blood on the ground and the corn leaves as it was traveling between the woods and the corn. Followed that for 40 yards and then through a small swamp with grass about knee high but could still find blood. After aboot 50 yards deer took a left into the thick woulds with the arrow still in the deer.

I backed out to let the deer die and went to the truck and called my son and his buddy to come out and help me find it and drag it out of the woods.

Went back to the last blood at the edge of the woods again and into the woods 30 yards, we found the arrow or what was left of it.

Deer is now bleeding hard so we went another 40-50 yards and back to the corn field only this time, he went into the corn. He had stopped 4-5 times the last 80 yards or so as we could see more blood in some of the spots. Went into the corn and jumped the buck. he crashed about 30 ft or so stumbling in the corn and went down again.

We decided to not push it any longer and wait till morning. Hopefully the yotes do not get it is my only concern as the nightime temps will keep it ok after it is dead.

It will get down to 46 or so tonight and the deer has to die yet unless it is already but I do not want to push it again. I thought of going at midnight but it will be better with sunlight in the am and way less chance of pushing it.

Yes, I will think about it tonight for sure.

The yotes are a concern for me as there are some in the area I was hunting.

I thought of going out about midnight but stayed patient and stayed home.

Going out in about an hour or so after some hot coffee.

Didn't get overly cold last night, bout 49 right now but that should be cool enough. Have to find it in good shape first.