• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Airguns for varmit control

erikwells

I have always had the Crosman 760 (I believe thats right?) and it is sufficient for targets. However I have a need for something more powerful and I'm willing to spend more than I ever thought I would consider for an airgun. I'm looking at an ad where they have the Gamo hunter deluxe .177 air rifle. It's advertised as normally $249.00 on sale for $149.99. Comes with 3-9X40 scope and shoots a pellet 1200 fps. For a dummy like me that seems like a pretty good deal. Sometimes these guns are great out of the box however after a bit of shooting the velocity drops way off. Looking for this gun to do some varmit control and some targets. Anyone out there offer me any insight on what to look for when buying one of these guns like features you like, don't like or just have got to have? Thanks.

I have Gammo Hunter 6-7 years old,still as powerful as when new.Then 1000FPS is all that was available.I think I read where the newer have lessened the recoil.The recoil is sharp and on mine it moves the scope.I shoot open sight now.Gammo is the best of the three I have.

I use it for squirrels works great!! Hit a coon in the right spot its DOA.

Its a fun little shooter! Think I paid $129.00 back then.You have a great deal hopefully its not refurbished.I know nothing about refurbished Gammos but thats almost 1/2 price!! Get it

Done. Should be delivered to Cabelas by 9-28. Cannot wait to shoot it. I have bought 4 new guns this year. I'm told if I buy one more my family is going to stage an intervention. I went to the Gamo HSOforum and it appears they no longer sell the Hunter Deluxe, I'm guessing it has something to do with discontinuing the model?

For some cheap ammo for it if you see a Cummings tools sale near you you'll get 1000 .177 cal lead pellets for 10 bucks.They send out fliers if their in your area.The best ammo for accuracy in mine is RWS superdome.1/2 inch pattern (group) at 30 yds.

Thanks Jentz, I am in Bloomington during the week for work where I rent a little place but the weekends I am in New London on Games lake. Never heard of Cummings but I'll do some internet searching. Seems like the type of ammo used in the airguns is almost as important as what kind of slug/sabot you shoot from the shotgun.