• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

big buddy

sunniewally

Got this out of the manual:

"Heater can also be powered by electrical adapter, F276127. Required adapter to be 6 volt DC up to 800 milliamp current with positive tip polarity."

So we need a power adapter from 12 volt supply to 6 volt output. You would need to find the right style power plug. Wire one of these up between the positive on the 12v battery and the positive on the power plug:

I'm not electrician...just a theory.

Got this out of the manual:

"Heater can also be powered by electrical adapter, F276127. Required adapter to be 6 volt DC up to 800 milliamp current with positive tip polarity."

Google search that part number and you will find a plug/ play wall adapter that seems to have a terminal end that plugs in by the battery location. I'd check on mine but it's still in the attic and I refuse to start pulling that stuff down with all the soft water still available.

There are 12 to 6 volt reducers all over the net, specifically made for older automobile gauges and motors. Look for the runtz model. It can handle like 4 amps output draw and it will put out a true 6 volt output with any input voltage from 8 to 20 volts. They're anywhere from 10 to 20 bucks. They're pretty small. You should be all set between one of those, a 12 volt battery connection (accessory plug or some connectors to hook to a vexilar stle battery, or whatever) and a plug to connect to the heater.

I just use 6 volt rechargeable lantern batteries. You can get them at walmart cheap. I've spliced into the wires on the big buddy by pulling off the heater back screws carefully and run the wires into the right side cylindar holder area. This works much better than messing with the plug in the back.

I wired in a cigarette lighter (12v) into the box I used for my light switches in my portable and then use a little inverter I had. I lengthened out the standard big buddy cord and wired it through the pole on my portable. Plug it into the Big Buddy and you're good to go. For good measure I included a switch for it so I didn't have to get up and down and turn it off with the switch on the big buddy.