• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dear Vikings rubes

BuckSutherland

I think Buck needs a tissue, it will be ok just don't draft so many Vikings players next time on your fantasy team lol.

10 years later we still need a real #1 WR and a real #1 CB. Kevin Williams is one of the most overrated players ever to be on the team. He got lucky lining up next to Fat Pat and they were all roided up.

There was actually people out there who thought Longwell was still a good kicker, the only kicker in the league who couldn't kick it to the 5 yard line on kickoffs.

Jared is a stud, I agree he's worthless on this team because there is no point of having an elite player like him when your going to win a few games all season, we could get some real nice picks for him, might as well throw AP on the block also if he's healthy he'd get us a lot of picks.

Ponders ceiling is starting to look like a Sanchez type.

Good thing we won that meaningless game that costed us the 2nd pick in the draft and to lose our star RB for the season!! Oh well, atleast we won a game no one will ever remember. Who needs RG3 or a stock pile of 1st round picks anyway?

Can't wait for the new stadium and a new Era around here.

The key to winning any battle is the element of surprise. Vikes predictiblity on offense is a coaching problem.

The key to winning a counteroffensive (defense) is the element of surprise. Vikes prevent cover two hasn't stopped anyone, even the feeblest of quarterbacks> This is a coaching problem.

The key to consistent winning is eliminating players mistakes. This is a coaching issue .

The key to long-term winning is evaluating, drafting and developing younger players. This is a combined front office-coaching issue

The key to elevated play of established stars is motivation and job competition from younger developing players. These are front office and coaching issues.

The key to having competent front office personnel and coaching is a dispassionate competent owner.

The answer to the Vikings current problems lies with the front office and coaching staff, and they are proving they are not up to the task.

In 2009, Brett Favre provided the motivation and surprise that made them capable of winning any game. In 2010 he had neither the motivation nor the past year's surprise, and Chili made sure of that.

Come on Ziggy, if not pulling the trigger on changes yet, at least the hint of doing so will motivate the coachiing staff to take the kinds of chances need to get the players motivated and bring surprise back to the Vikings offense and defense.

I'll be d*mned, Vikings coaches do read HSO forums.

Rubes or realists??? Prior to Sunday, a lot of us were looking forward to the next several years of Vikings football due to our young talent. Would've never thought they'd do that yesterday, props to Ponder and all the starters.

It's a new era in Vikings football... Winnesota!

Rubes or realists??? Prior to Sunday, a lot of us were looking forward to the next several years of Vikings football due to our young talent. Would've never thought they'd do that yesterday, props to Ponder and all the starters.

It's a new era in Vikings football... Winnesota!

Easy there big fella, dont be setting yourself up for a huge disappointment now.

Pretty funny to me how pumped some of you rubes were after we barely squeak out a win vs Jacksonville. It is between them and us for the worst team in pro football. If they come out and lay a complete egg against the 49ers on Sunday it is time for Frazier and Speilman to go, and I would make sure he takes the rest of them worthless coaches with. The only real player we have on the team worth keeping is Harvin. That guy is a real stud, but just watch what San Fran does to him on Sunday. AP is a good player too, but he is not worth the risk or the money he has been given. And Jared Allen in typical fashion is about as worthless as they come. Hopefully Frazier takes him with. They only time I hear his name is when he is committing some dumb penalty or when the commentators are laughing cause there are flies going in and out of his mouth throughout the game. They need to trade Allen and Peterson now while we can still get something for them. MN will never win a championship with either of those players on the team.

Other things I have noticed.

1. When Ponder drops back on play action there is nobody to throw the ball to, or he is not taking a chance. We might as well not even have play action. Teams are going to let him check down and go 25-35 all day, but we wont be moving the ball.

2. We don’t have a RB that can catch the ball out of the backfield.

3. Why did we sign John Carlson? WAY TO GO SPEWMAN! Just worthless.

4. We are still getting dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. For example. If Peterson would have the holes that Frank Gore had to run through last night he probably would have had over 200 yards. And we cant get any pressure on the QB. Where the hell are the blitzes or anything creative?

5. Play calling. Has to be the worst in the league. We score 6 pts in 55 mins against a terrible team when we only have one turnover?? Da horrible bears only put up 41.

6. Penalties. The stupid silly mistakes that have been a constant of Viking football since Bud Grant continue. Yesterday made me feel like Denny Green was back on the sideline.

7. Draft needs in order of Importance:

WR (someone to go deep and let Percy underneath. Our WR picks and puke ups this year are terrible)

OL (Ponder will get knocked out this year, just like Farve, and we cant open a decent hole for AP)

RB (someone that is an actual threat on third down, not Toby Dungpile. He has to be one of the worst waste of 2nd round pick I have ever seen. You can get anyone that ever played RB to do what he does and get them in the 7th round. Our play calling is so obvious on 3rd down cause we don’t have a threat out of the backfield)

DT (Kevin Williams is done. We need major pressure right up the middle to collapse the pocket and stuff the run. We should try to trade some of this old garbage to build up for the draft and try to get 3 picks in the top 40. Look how New England moved up in last year’s draft to fill two needs right away.)

Safety. Enough said

LB. Our LBs are completely incapable of pass coverage.

8. Brain Billick, Bill Cowher, John Gruden, and Tony Dunge are all out there without jobs. Frazier doesn’t seem to have to the backbone to be the head coach. Seems like a really good coordinator. But it appears to me that Spewman forces his will onto Frazier and then he is too much of a sally to speak up. Any of those guys mentioned would use Spewman like a handpuppet.

9. I thought 4-12 was possible. But I don’t think so anymore. Once the injuries start to add up we will be looking really ugly.

10. It would be nice if LIMTOUT could post the picture of our trophy case again. Doesn’t look like it will get anymore hardware this year.

Donald sutherland predicts we will win less then 4 games this season. Lol, Based on this guys post i suggest he go be a twinkees fan, i mean really your a vikings troll

Wow!!! anyone here eating some crow!!! I think SO!!

allen finished ha ha! good one

I am not a frazier fan but he did a great job, and as for Gruden as coach

WHY! he inherited a great team from dungy and did nothing after that first year. Wow even I can see that! get a clue

We are in first place, maybe not for long but we are in first!

Congrats to the Vikes and their fans.....I never would have believed this would be the yr they would even for a time be in first.

As others have said, have fun while it lasts cause we all know it will not end well. It never has has it?

Congrats to the Vikes and their fans.....I never would have believed this would be the yr they would even for a time be in first.

As others have said, have fun while it lasts cause we all know it will not end well. It never has has it?

no it hasn't!! good point.

A solid 3-1 ta this point. 0 INTs by Ponder, and a great road win..... Oh ya and that play ruled a touchdown for stafford was nearly as bad as the call in the GB vs SH game. He was clearly inches shy.

I'm not sure what camera angle you saw that you can state he was inches shy cause the camera angle on the replays was not straight on the line. There was no way of telling for sure how close he was unless the angle was straight on.