• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pack'en her up

ClownColor

Well, it's that time of year. Winterizing the boat. Early but with work, duck, pheasant, then deer, along with very limited wknds, it's time to replace the lower unit fluid, fog, and stabilizer. One last day on mille lacs or leech this Wed and my open water season is done...boo hoo frown

My boat is never winterized until i'm walking on ice, but i do tend to spend the majority of my fall hunting. I'm going to try to reverse that trend this year and spend as many as 4 days in the deer stand and the rest in the boat. No Ducks, No Pheasants, No Geese.

Every december i look back on the last two months and regret not spending more time in the boat....Granted I still put 110 days in my boat last year.

Yep, pulled my pontoon yesterday, will change oil and lower unit this coming weekend. The other two boats still go right until ice up though.

I did manage to put 88 hours on the new pontoon motor since we got in Memorial Day, so about perfect for oil and plugs. No fogging here though, and the manual doesn't call for it. Just add a little oil and put in plugs.

I love this time of year with duckin' and deer and grouse, but it always does feel a little like a death in the family when the pontoon and dock come out of the water for another winter. But the sleds bring the smile right back wink