• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quick jerky ?

I did a batch this AM and have had this problem in the past but the jerky has a white tint to it. I marinated is over night in a high mtn mix and had a water pan in ther aswell. approx 160 degrees

Any tips or suggestions

i did another batch in the oven which turned out awsesome!

by quick jerky, i guess i have to know is it burger or sliced meat? how long in the smoker and what temp? how long in the oven and at what temp? i'm at my daughters house taking care of 4 grandkids and three dogs and i dont get the time on here as i do at home so i may not get to you as fast as i could at home. just try to be as detailed as you can. thanks. good luck.

i think in a smoker the temp should be around 200 myself. the smoke [if used] is absorbed in the first 60 to 90 minutes. i want my jerky do be done safely so a higher temp i personal recommend. hard to tell when the internal temp reaches 165 so the texture and "feel" goes a long way. poultry and goose should be smoked more carefully than beef for example. 160 in a smoker for goose is too low in my opinion. at 200 deg. the meat should be done in 2 1/2 to 3 hours. i let my meat set out for awhile at room temp for better results in this time frame. good luck.