• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OK Lets see um

mabr

Ok guys lets get the thread going. I seen 8 this morning all does, First 6 were out of range and got my wind. Thought the big one ruined it for me with all her snorting like she did. 30 minutes later this one and her fawn came buy and I couldn't let her go. Not a big one 1.5 yo but she'll taste good and this land is in intensive harvest that I let them all walk last year for bait on the big boy that never showed. So this year Im taking a few to thin this herd.

DSC02571.jpg

Thanks Wanderer, First time in the last 10 years Ive gotten it done on opening morning, usually takes me till the next week before I get one for the freezer.

Now Im looking for Antler's.

Good job Snap on letting them go, I don't blame you at all Its a long season anything in September is a bonus for me and Id hate to fill my buck tag this early. Unless it was like the one Stickandstring got a few years ago. Then I'm done and wouldn't care at all. I'm still envious of him LOL

Took my daughter out for her very first bowhunt. We had 5 deer in the food plot, 4 bucks and a fawn. We got to watch a pair of smaller bucks, a fork and a small 8pt, sparring for 10 minutes and the bigger one working his scrape. A great night in the stand and very awesome to have my daughter with me. The closest they got was 30yds, but neither of them were big enough for me to spend my buck tag on and still too far away for my daughter.

Saw 14 total, 10 does, 4 fawns, no horns. Got busted in the morning, as they surrounded me and had me pegged right off the bat. afternoon/eveing was crazy, doe everywhere. zapped one at 20 yard, she took off, breaking the arrow(sh e has my rage and 4 inches of arrow with her) let her be for about 45 minutes, got a blood trail, it went dry after about a 1/2 hour of tracking, spent another 45 minutes looking and nothing? I know where I hit her, I was dead on the boiler room?? Went out this am and looked again, nothing. Kind of hard to deal with, but will try again this evening.

Saw 14 total, 10 does, 4 fawns, no horns. Got busted in the morning, as they surrounded me and had me pegged right off the bat. afternoon/eveing was crazy, doe everywhere. zapped one at 20 yard, she took off, breaking the arrow(sh e has my rage and 4 inches of arrow with her) let her be for about 45 minutes, got a blood trail, it went dry after about a 1/2 hour of tracking, spent another 45 minutes looking and nothing? I know where I hit her, I was dead on the boiler room?? Went out this am and looked again, nothing. Kind of hard to deal with, but will try again this evening.

Good luck! My buddy hit a doe at 630 the other night, tracked til 11:30, lost the trail, came back in the morning before work, picked it up, had to leave. We went out after work and found her within 30 minutes, unfortunately the coyotes, 75 degree temps, and the flies had done their work already. Felt bad but at least we found her.

Have nothing to show. Didnt see a deer.

My friend did arrow a doe, but unfortuneately, the arrow hit a small twig and didnt hit good.

It was 5 minutes before legal shooting ended, and when we went back this morning to replay it, it was clear what he may have hit and deflected off. In the waning light, the twig just wasnt obviously in view.

We did not find her.

This morning he did go out on stand though, but didnt take his bow with because he wanted to be sure the doe wasnt piled up.

He just observed... Go figure, a 10 pt buck walked by him at 35 yds, and all he could do is watch. Bitter irony I guess.

My son climbed down from his stand today, picked up his bow. Turned around only to see a doe pop out of the brush 15 yds from him on the clover plot.

I guess it just wasnt our weekend. smile

Saw a few deer and never took a shot. Was in the stand for about 2-3 hours and 30 minutes before quiting time I got down and left as I had decided I did not want to deal with a deer in these temps.

Had fun sitting in the stand again and enjoyed watching the squirrels and turkey play.

Lot's of time left to shoot a deer before gun season. Hate missing those beautiful October fall days sitting in the stand.

I went out last night and saw plenty of deer, just nothing big enough to put a tag on. Had 4 different bucks within 30 yards but the biggest was a basket 7. One of them was a fork with velvet still on. Saw a lot of does and fawns which is a good sign. A few of the fawns still had spots. It was good to be back up in the tree even though I was a bit under dressed. That north wind got a bit cold towards the end of the night.

3 does on Saturday and Sunday evening only produced 2 does and saw a buck work a scrape on the way out. Last night was first time I let my oldest sit in stand alone to watch nature as I sat 50 yards away. He couldn't stop talking about the 2 does walking under him, I think he's hooked.

MR