• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minn Kota question

hitthebricks

Question

3 answers to this question

Have you checked your battery? It could be going bad and power is dropping causing the AP to turn off.

Another cause could be a short somewhere internal and the motor is protecting itself by shutting off the cause of the short. But just a guess as I have no idea how your motor is wired.

But I'd check your battery and try another battery to rule that out. If not that, bring it into Motor Clinic in Bloomington and they should be able to figure it out.

Agree with Caman. Check batts first (water level, and if 5 years old they are toast for sure). Then connections. Then make sure (if 24v) that one battery is not discharging faster (i.e. if you have two bank charger and one has a blown fuse).

But more than likely it is the compass piece in the head. About a $100 fix at a place, less if you can get the part, but how do you know it is "for sure" is the big question. If you don't secure the head (i.e. with ram, or bungie it to nerf football when running - ha! We used to do that!) then the head bouncing all over with ruin that compass in no time.

Good luck, it stinks when the AP is not working, but great thing when working.

I don't understand the philosophy behind securing the head of the TM. Not securing the head of the TM lets the shaft flex when hitting waves where as with the head secured in a ram type mount every bone crushing wave is translated directly to the head of the TM.

As far as the charging system and batteries go, I need to check it out.

Thanks

HTB