• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Attacked by a mole!!!

ozzie

So the other night I got home from an ice cream run and when I got out of my truck I thought I smelled gas so I brought the wife her ice cream and went back outside. I had my headlamp on as it was dark and I had the garage open. I duck under my truck on the drivers side and see the ac dripping and then there was a pool of something on the passenger side rear tire area. I go around the truck and duck under it and inspect the area under the truck for a minute and then as I am reaching out to see what type of liquid is dripping something starts attacking my foot. I get startled and here is this mole with long teeth and long claws making a vicious noise (for a 8 inch animal) coming at me wanting more. I grabbed my kids toy and push the thing away and notice that it gets even more ticked when my headlamp shines on him. I calmed myself down and grabbed my bb gun in the boat right next to me and ended the little guys life. Luckily he did not penetrate my crocs and socks but I could feel the area that he was attacking. The whole experience was quite wild!!! Has anyone ever been attacked by a wild animal or varmit like that before?

Luckily he did not penetrate my crocs and socks

I read this to my wife,who, by the way couldn't stop laughing after: I get startled and here is this mole with long teeth and long claws making a vicious noise.

Then she very seriously says: He was wearing socks with sandals?

Then she very seriously says: He was wearing socks with sandals?

Yep, guilty also, sometimes even with jorts wink Tell that wife of yours this is what she has to look forward to when you end up being that "middle aged guy." This is her chance to get out now smile Hair that your losing from your head starts growing on your feet, nail fungus on your pinky toes....its just not pretty ..... Great story of the roided up rodent, by the way!

A few animals I've had charge me:

1) small musk ox at the anchorage zoo, rammed the iron pillar fence too!

2) cottonmouth put on quite a display, charging a good 5-10 feet in my direction trying to scare me off while hissing, open-mouth gaping and showing fangs.

3) Swan protecting a nest. I stood tall and held my ground, he turned, ducked his head and acted submissive when he wasn't able to move me. Running from attacking waterfowl only encourages them. They're like lions, tigers, and bears that way :P

4) Triggerfish put on a defensive display with some "charges" when I was snorkeling in the GBR during a visit to Australia. Gave him some space and he left me alone.

Triggerfish was the oddest and least dangerous, but I've heard they've made trouble when they've rammed divers' masks or SCUBA regulators before.

This spring while driving my work truck down a township road this turkey came out of nowhere and charges the truck. Hit the drivers door with his whole body, bounced off, and chased me down the road.

If I wasn't borderline late I would have stopped and gone WWF with him. I couldn't stop laughing for about an hour.

I don't wear socks with my sandles, but often wear shorts and work boots in the summer.

I’m a nuisance trapper, if I don’t get charged once a week I’m not doing my job. grin Worst ever was a beaver I stumbled across in my father’s shop. Why he was in the farm shop is beyond me but holly heck Batman that thing was slapping his tail and charging at everything that moved. We rolled a spare ATV tire at it trying to chase it back outside and it punched the sidewall in that before chasing us back out the door again. Finally had to get the handling tools and force it back outside.

This thread good be a gas if more stories are posted! Had a mole grab my leather glove when I moved a grass nest once. Startled me so much I recoiled my hand and the mole was launched about 30 feet! He didn't survive the landing, but my glove still has a small puncture hole.