• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is the best broadhead under $39.99?

NELS-BELLS

I use the T3's. Fly like field points, comes with practice blades and ae very very reliable. Bone crushing point tops em off. I just switched from using slick tricks which are deadly sharp and well leave a very nice hole smile I wanted more field point type accuracy and now it would take alot for me to switch from my T3's.

It really does not matter what broadhead u use as long as it is sharp and u hit the right spot!!! it all about shot placement!!! I HAVE USED LOTS OF DIFFERENT KINDS WITH DIFFERENT PRO,S AND CONS. USE WHAT U LIKE AND ARE CONFIDENT IN AND MAKE SURE AND HIT THE RIGHT SPOT U WILL GET THEM

I started playing with the Swhacker last year and have been real impressed for both flight and penetration. I killed a doe last year and did a ton of damage to her.

I have bought both the 1.75" and the 2" size and have found flight pattern to be the same.

In the past I've never singled out one particular brand BUT will state that Allen brand broad heads at Wally world are horrible dont waste your money, you owe it to your deer.

MR

I bought a pack of those at Fleet Farm last night, the lil' nasty I think they call them now, but I bought them to use on my varmint arrow I like to carry with. They do a number on squirrels, but the broadhead's still half the size of their whole ribcage...

I agree they aren't the broadhead to use on a deer. A buddy shot a deer with one last year & we didn't find it. I think he hit it a bit far back too, but I told him he needed to get a better broadhead, he did.

IMHO there are very few bad broadheads on the market today. The most $ are not neccesarily the best. There is a lot of Advertising money going into some of the broadheads. Bottom line. Find a broadhead that flys true with your set up and practice. No matter what make, or type if you hit the animal in the Boiler room it aint going far! I personally shoot Slick Tricks for a Fixed blade. And Wasp Jack Hammers sst for Mechanicals.

I second not buying the allens. I lost a chance at abig buck when it never got any penetration. The buck lived and was later shot during muzzy season. I then switched to the cabelas lazer strikes. I liked them a lot but ended up getting caught up in the rage craze, so I have them now. You could find the cabelas broad heads for about $20. They did a nice job.