• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go get 'em, boys and girls!!!

Scoot

Good luck to everyone on the opener! I will miss the MN opener this year, but don't feel too sorry for me-- as many of you know, I'll be chasing elk and muleys in MT! I leave in about 30 hours and I can't wait!!! I'll report back in when I get home on the 23rd. Things will be super busy, so don't expect a story right away, but I do promise I'll get to one at some point...

I hope the buck you've been scouting does exactly what he's supposed to, you make good on the opportunity, and I get to see lots of additions to the photo contest thread! Good luck, have fun, and be safe!

Good luck Scoot!!! I along w/ the rest of the gang here will be anxiously awaiting the "play by play" when you get back.

I'll be sitting out the MN bow opener this year too, but don't feel too bad for me because I'll be on the road to the land where the deer and the antelope play.....Wyoming.

Hoping to top my antelope from last year, but really hoping my brother can connect w/ a biggun' as he hasn't had alot of time to hunt over the years.

One more night shift to go. Some quality time w/ my wifey on Friday and last minute stuff gathering, and we're west bound on Saturday morning.

Good luck this fall everyone!!!

Brian

Good luck to you Scoot and I look forward to the posts after your back (always a good read). I didn't think I'd be hunting Saturday morning but the south wind they say were going to get made me change my mind. Might just get another antler-less tag. Look out does!!!

I'm going to put out a wish in our 1 deer choice area and I know that at least 1 of the guys hunting our area reads up on me so here it is actually "tag" your deer from now on, quit motoring them for home after dark tagless saving your rifle land for later and stop baiting, pick up last years 50 pound shell corn bags that are under your stands. I will be checking your areas and even if it ruins my rifle hunting forever on those farmers property so be it, I'm done with game hogs that own a meat company for heavens sake. To all that hunt by the book, hey enjoy there's definitely some nice bucks to go after. Mild winter last year really seemed to show good antler growth this year even the young bucks have a better rack than some years.

I'm going to put out a wish in our 1 deer choice area and I know that at least 1 of the guys hunting our area reads up on me so here it is actually "tag" your deer from now on, quit motoring them for home after dark tagless saving your rifle land for later and stop baiting, pick up last years 50 pound shell corn bags that are under your stands. I will be checking your areas and even if it ruins my rifle hunting forever on those farmers property so be it, I'm done with game hogs that own a meat company for heavens sake. To all that hunt by the book, hey enjoy there's definitely some nice bucks to go after. Mild winter last year really seemed to show good antler growth this year even the young bucks have a better rack than some years.

I can't bite my tounge - or is it my typing fingers??? - anymore.

Why do you even hunt anymore? Based on your perpetually negative song and dance, it seems like it is going to give you an aneurism/heart attack at some point in the near future. It's not worth it - it's just a hobby.

I'm serious, I am concerned that you've forgotten how to find things to enjoy about hunting and the outdoors. I've never seen/heard/read someone complain so often about the same thing(s) as I've read from you on here.

Now, flame away at me if you desire.

Dude, I hear you. I am tired of hearing myself gripe and moan about the one deer limit we've had for years while I've watched the parade of does go by early season. And listen to others openly talk about tagging their wife or girlfriends deer. It's happening, get over it and enjoy your hunt. Or have a lot of kids. That's what I did and in a few years, they'll be filling all sorts of tags so no more complaining for sure then. laugh The 8 year old is a bow shooting machine now. Good luck everyone and have fun.