• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I bought a very lightly used 720 for my gf to use but it seems to jam when it gets hot. Is this common with these We have shot about 8 boxes through it so far and it stills does it. I was thinking that maybe it wasnt broken in yet but im having second thoughts. I still have two weeks to decide if were keeping it and getting my money back or if we should move on to something else. any thoughts?

Odds are it is over oiled and the old oil is "gumming" as it gets hot. The gas systems in those doesn't like much oil at all. I have sold a fair number of them and have even worked on the ones you see used in shows by their sponsored exhibition shooter. Talking to him and the factory gunsmith we have pretty much got the system down to knowing what makes and keeps them running, which I have yet to have to repair any of them, just improving the factory system is the norm.

Rem oil is the biggest offender for breaking down in heat. Use something like BreakFree CLP or another light full synthetic. You will also need to use something fairly aggressive to remove all the old oils. I might even suggest taking to a gunsmith to have it fully stripped, cleaned and re-oiled.

I completely disassembled and cleaned the gun. Lightly re-oiled with break free and now it seems to be worse than it was before didn't get ten rounds through it before it had two minor cycling issues and one major one where it ejected the spent shell but wouldnt kick the next shell into the chamber. I've decided to return it and get my money back. Not sure if we got a bad one and thats why it was traded in the first place or what but I can't deal with taking the time to pull the trigger out to get the gun operational again this often.

Not sure about the problem. We have the 712 and ran several boxes of trap and game loads as well as slugs through it this weekend as well as doing some rapid fire shooting to try to get it to jam or misfire and it was flawless.

What did you replace it with?

Ended up returning it and getting a new 11-87. More than I planned on spending but should be a reliable gun for a long time and it fit her the best out of anything Scheels had available. They treated me very well and i'm pretty happy with the overall experience with them but not so much with the gun.