• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yankees Epic Collapse

zamboni

Noone on here is talking about this??? If they keep it up, they will not win the division, then not even get one of the two Wild Card spots. I am happier than a fat lady at an all you can eat buffet watching this. Age of the players is finally catching up with them, cannot wait to hear AROID and Jeter say they are done and retire. That will make me happier than anything on the face of the earth. Can't stand the Yankees, never have and I never will.

As long as Jeter keeps racking up hits all I care about. Would like to see them in the playoffs just so he can keep getting more at bats. I know it's a long shot but he has a chance to catch Rose. Like I said most likely will not happen but would be cool in the a couple years with a count down. I like seeing records being chased. By that time he will be playing 3rd base and might be with another team.

Just don't know if he will be able to get over 800 hits before he has to retire. He would need four more seasons and 200 hit season in all four. That's if he goes over 200 this year.

I know it's a longshot so don't get all fired up. I just think it's cool by the end of his career he might be top 2 or 3 in hits (Key word might be)

Not real concerned about the yanks, 2 world series wins since the new millenium so 2 in the last dozen years, the sad part about seeing other teams on the rise is once those quality players become free agents etc. it's like all the other teams in the league are the yankee's farm system like Pittsburgh's McCutchen when he demands big dollars can Pitt. keep him or is he a Yankee ?

While I love seeing the Yankees lose, I don't share that feeling about Jeter.

Through the years, there are few players who you can positively say played the game the right way. Jeter is one of the few legends to go through the steroid era clean. I've always loved watching him play(even though he wears pinstripes). It will be a sad day for baseball when Jeter calls it quits.

That all being said, I hope the Yankees continue to choke!

Yeah I just thought about that after I put that in about the playoffs. Still will be tough. Even if he hits 200 last four season not counting this one. He is already close to 200 and will finish over 200 hits this year.

Would be cool to see Baltimore make the playoffs this year.

The epic collapse found some resurgence and now are 1.5 games ahead, have 90 wins, I don't like the yankees but I like their players. Just like we got sick of NE in football for awhile, the open market baseball yanks are the villains of the WWE. I've been a yank at a low level or at least on the team that everyone hates in our area, because we were good, more than half the people at our games were there to hopefully see us fail, at times even our own fans, quite comical. So being the villain helps you play better,harder,smarter, mistake free as possible. I want Baltimore to edge them out so we can watch Thome and Hardy. Rub your voodoo dolls guys.

10 4 Hoyt, it's far from over, cmon Baltimore, the yank fans are already tailgating for the playoffs since it's nearly a given they're in every year, I'm tired of the repeated history lesson Joe Buck and McCarver give us the tour of the Bambino etc. etc. etc. at yankee stadium. Like to hear a little more on Cal Ripken and Eddie Murray etc.

An epic collapse? Your talking about the twinkies right? If you cant deal with what Jeter is doing/has done, You know nothing about baseball.

I was talking about their fall as a team. They held it together, meanwhile the Rays, Sox and Orioles didn't hold their end up. I hope now they get bounced in the first round. An Orioles/Nats WS would be sweet. Or A's/Nats. I posted on here 2-3 years ago how the Nats were doing everything right and were going to be the team of the future.

Would've been nice to see the O's take them out. They just could not mount any offense in any of the games! It's a miracle they were able to take to the 5th game. I did take great joy in watching one of the highest paid athletes get benched for a deciding playoff game because he can't play in the clutch smile