• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clear Lake Fishing reports by Paul’s Fishing Guide

Thanks guys! Yes the fishing has been good. This is my report from today.

The Crappie and Walleye bite has been great on Clear Lake. They have been catching the Crappie out of the harbors and rushes with a small hair jig in less than 3 fow. We have been targeting the Crappie with cane poles this year, allowing us to hit the small pockets in the weed beds. The Crappie will be held up in these areas for the next week. We have been been jigging and bobber fishing for the Walleyes. When targeting the Walleye look for structure. A few good areas to start are Billy's Reef and Fishermen's Reef in 4 to 7ft. Also try drifting the little lake with a 1/16 oz jig and a leech or a night crawler, this can produce some nice fish.

When fishing Walleyes keep a eye open for a 1 inch yellow tag. These tags are worth various amounts of cash and you don't have to be registered to collect. Tagged Walleyes vary from $100 to $1000. Last year my 13yr old client boated the $1000 fish! Just make sure the tag stays in the fish when you bring it to the bait shop.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still walkable ice on the little lake. 4 to 5 inches in most locations. Take a spud and a rope just to be safe. The fishing has been good. Crappie are in deeper water 13 to 24 ft and the yellows are in 6 to 16 fow. Pink Maki Maki has been my favorite bait.

Ice is about 5 inches thick. We had some warm weather and I haven't seen a truck on the ice since. The lake ice opened up a lot. I've been catching yellows, walleyes and perch in about 10-12 feet of water. All small fish. 4 wheelers are on the ice but not many. Slow bite tonight with small yellows and perch.

Mike