• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clear Lake Fishing reports by Paul’s Fishing Guide

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well kids the Yellow Bass are still going strong. The fish have made a move to the weed line and they are stacked up pretty good. Not saying you can't get some out deep but if you want 100 plus I think you need to be less than 6ft. We are still running small jigs with a Ripple shad or a minnow!!! The Musky bite has also been pretty good. Its hard work but its a lot of fun when you get hooked up!!

I've had some good reports of Gills coming from Clear Lake this fall. Early ice will be the best time to target some of these guys. These fish will be very shallow. I'm looking forward to trying out some new plastics on these guys! SHOULD BE FUN!!!!!

Ice is right around the corner. If everything goes well we might be able to find some ice next week. If you start your hunt for ice next week make sure your safe. Bring a rope, life jacket and spud bar. Also make sure you tell somebody where you are going. Be Safe and have fun.

Its time to start talking ice fishing. I've been out a few times and each time I did well. The ice is running 3 to 5 inches. Most of the keeper fish are in 9 fow or less. I've been running the new dingle drop by clam and that has been a very good bait. Farmers beach should have around 4 to 5 inches. Tomorrow I'll be out most of the day and I'll try to post another report tomorrow night.

Hi folks. I've had some good bites over the last few days. The ice is still 4 to 5 and its only going to get better. I've fished a couple ponds in Mason City and also Clear Lake. If your looking for a fun bite try fishing the shallows at clear lake. Along the bulrushes has been pretty good. Lots of fish and some sorting is needed but still a fun bite.

I am new to Iowa and just started ice fishing again 3 years ago. I have been fishing Mississippi river in SE minn.

I live in Waterloo and would appreciate any tips and ideas where I can go and what to use.

OH my wife has never fished ice at all and she needs to catch some or she will not go any more.

Thanks in advance for anything you might have for me.

Yep the ice is around 14 and the Yesterday we had 168 Yellows 7 to 9 inches most around 7.5 and we also had 4 keeper walleyes. 15 to 17 inches. All of these fish came from the Big Lake. The best thing I can tell ya is to keep on the move. We have switched to spoons to try and focus on the Walleyes. 6 to 10 fow

No aerators in the little lake. If your looking for Yellows you should fish the big lake. The only thing going in the little lake right now is a few 9 to 10 1/2 inch Crappie. We have also been getting some keeper Walleye in the big lake. Fish the pump house or farmers for the walleye and yellows. Spoons and minnow heads have been good. If your looking for Yellows run a drop jig with spikes.