• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eskimo ION vs. Icegator

hovermn

All I have to say is that I want to go head to head with the ION. I'm not making claims that one is better than the other, I just want to compare. I have an Icegator, and just bought the lithium battery. Man that battery's light. I mean empty box light. While the 'Gator is still a little heavier than the ION, by a couple pounds, I'm curious if Eskimo will best the 'Gator's performance.

So, anyone out there plan on buying an ION and would like to go toe to toe this season? Let's do this!

I have an Ice Gator as well, along with a couple gas augers and a Bosch drill that I have used with the Kluge drill adaptor found at Ice Fishing Today.

I'll also be ordering a new ION, so you if you'd like to do a comparison some time, that would be fine. Now it's important that when you're comparing, you're comparing apples to apples such as same style auger bits and size...

Sure it is. The ION has shaver blades. Same type as the lazer. Apples to oranges would be 6" vs. 8", or chipper blade vs. shaver.

I see Fuji to Gala grin

Or do I need to find an ION owner that's not such a mama's boy? wink

Just ribbin' ya

No worries either way. I don't own one yet, but will and if you thnk they are the same apples then so be it. If they are both apples, then one must be a honey crisp and the other a gala.

PS I do love my momma and also love ribs smile

Well if running the same auger drill my money is on the gator, 375 rpm's vs 210 to 230 rpm's on the ION. The ION is still smoking fast for an electric when you look at the big volt is 120 rpm and he Electra is 90 and its right up there with the 3hp lazer pro at 240 rpm. If you watch the video look how fast the auger spinning on the jiffy compared to the ION but yet the ION is going threw the ice faster.

I'm looking at getting a cordless electric auger and selling my big volt this season but even through the Gator more then likely be a fair bit faster then the ION there is more to consider then just speed like customer service and cost.

I'm curious where you got the RPM numbers for the ION? I looked everywhere for those figures.

As far as your concerns about customer service through Icegator, believe me I understand. I was in that boat, I felt the pain. However, without getting into too many details, they've take steps, and made pretty radical changes to their business model that should eliminate the issues they had last year. For one thing, they have built a stock of units ready to ship. They have hired someone to answer the phones and take orders/answer questions. Before it was just Greg and Dee.

I feel bad that the ION has come out on the heals of their recovery, and I look forward to squashing Eskimo's claim of being the first high performance electric auger. That bothered me when I read it

I used the contact us on the ion site. I sent Tony an email late Wednesday and got a reply back at 7:22 am the next day. Sent a second email last night and got a reply at 12:49 am!!! I have never owned an Eskimo product other then the ice chisels but I'm liking some of the new products they have been coming out with in the last 2 years and with customer service like this Eskimo has got my attention.