• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Baccarac

bassfshin24

Anybody want to go? I think this would be my dream trip if I could afford it. Look at some of the recent reports of peoples trips there...its unreal how many big fish this lake puts out.

07/05/12

More phenomenal fishing! Bill Doll, catching a total of three over 13, two over 12 and twenty-two over 10, the lake is getting quite muddy on the north end up the river; the south end is still very clear and producing the giant fish.

the water is on the rise

07/02/2012

The last four days at the lodge have been phenomenal! With the water rising almost three feet and with the full moon, the bit was slow in the morning but very good in the afternoon with Enrique Salmon and Pablo Garcia reporting a bunch of 8’s and 9’s, six or seven over 10 and with Pablo landing a 12.2. Enrique said they just fished a few spots on the lake and they found the water getting dirty way up the river from the recent rains.

Gale Vaught and Roger Matthews returned after being there just two weeks ago and you can read about his June trip in the June section. Gale Vaught managed to catch a 12.6, and 11.12 and an 11.10, eight fish over 10 lbs. total. He did report the numbers were slower than two weeks ago and reported that he had luck all over the lake on this trip. Roger, on his first cast this trip, caught a 9.9, the second fish was a 10.9 and the third was a 9.4. He quoted, “ just awesome!”

06/29/2012

Gale Vaught has returned to the Lodge this week. HE had such a good trip 2 weeks ago he came back for more and he is getting more. plenty of fish up to 12 pounds.

Spinnerbait action is excellent along with crankbaits on the bank. Fish have moved shallow with the recent rise in the water level

Gale's big fish is 14.8 and has recorded along with his partner 16 fish over 10

Enrique Salmon caught a nice 12.2 the first 30 minutes on the water yesterday...

The fishing is so good we are keeping the lodge open until the rains get really heavy....

It is very good right now and we hope to see down here ASAP

I have two seats open on July 6 out of El Paso

06/25/2012

Here are the totals from Brad Drakes recent trip to the Lodge

25 fish over 5 pounds

13 fish over 6 pounds

15 fish over 7 pounds

25 fish over 8 pounds

18 fish over 9 pounds

14 fish over 10 pounds

2 fish over 11 pounds

2 fish over 12 pounds

towards the end of his trip the fish started moving shallow....

I talked to Steve Quinn right after he got back from there a few years ago. He was still bug-eyed and giggling. He said an 11-pounder eating a popper is a sight to behold... Be fun someday.