• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster closed on hwy10 in big lake

weld1

Would be nice if they had a service facility somewhere in the geographic area where most of the lakes are located(north central, and northern mn), and where most of the people actually fish. Including the tourist from the twin cities. I'm not saying I don't understand why they moved to the cities, I just think they are leaving a lot left on the table by not attempting to lock up the majority of the MN ice fishing market. And yes, I'm a little sour over the acquisition. I'm tired of seeing great small businesses get bought out by the big guys...Service and products always end up suffering.

Looks like a great option right up the road... cool

Strikemaster Owners can expect the same level of service SM is famous for.

For customers that enjoyed the Big Lake location, service is still available at H2O outfitters up the road. Below is a Press release detailing the same skilled hands will be wrenching on the machines!

In addition D-Rock in New Brighton is the main metro area location offering service & parts.

-------------------------------------------------

H2O Outfitters have become a Master Service Center for Strikemaster products in Big Lake.

In business in Big Lake on Hwy. 10 since 2009, H2O Outfitters work on marine and small engine repair. Now they also sell and service Strikemaster equipment.

H2O Outfitters was founded by husband and wife team Tim and Kara Schwartz of Big Lake. They were soon joined by their long-time friend, Bill Longley, from Monticello. Between them, they have 30 years of experience.

"Repairing boat engines is the bulk of our business," said Bill. "Especially now summer is coming."

In addition to boat motors, H2O Outfitters will repair ATVs, snowmobiles and lawn and garden equipment.

In the slower winter months, Tim and Bill worked for Strikemaster, located next door, building and repairing augers. Now Strikemaster has been bought by Rapala.

"People were upset, asking where they should go for service now," said Tim. "They can come right here to us."

H2O Outfitter will handle warranty work, repair, sales of new and refurbished Strikemaster equipment and parts sales.

"We have blueprints drawn up to expand our building to create a retail area," said Kara. "We want our customers to be comfortable."

"The boats and marine work and the small engine repair will still be the bulk or our business," said Bill. "But we are expanding for Strikemaster."

Being able to purchase Strikemaster ice augers from H2O Outfitters is also a change for their customers, Tim says.

"Although Strikemaster made their products right next door, you couldn't buy an auger from them," said Tim. "You had to go to the hardware store. Now we are a one-stop shop for Strikemaster products."

I agree with Kyle in that I hate to have to run into the Twin Cities to go to SM. It was nice to have them at place that was easy accessable to alot of people. Maybe they could also have a small shop more centralized like St.Cloud. This would also help the people in the north country!! I hope the merger with rapala doesn't hurt quality and price or I'll be looking at different augers next time around!!

Hmm.... Where is Strikemaster located now? I know they were bought out, but where is their new service center location for Strikemaster augers?

Check my post yesterday, looks like right near the one that closed on hwy 10 and they still have to one in the citie...

On Strikemasters web-site there is also a "find a service center" function...