• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

City hunt question

Rippinlip

Since my area went to Hunters Choice this year I decided to qualify for a city hunt to try and fill the freezer first.

Under the rules part it states:

All entrails of deer shot on City property shall be removed intact or in a plastic bagand shall be disposed of properly.

For any of you that have been successful in a city hunt, how do you do this?

I am a little worried if I shot one during a warm day how long do I have to the entrails before some of the meat spoils?

Would a garbage bag work to haul the entrails?

Thanks

Get the heavy contractors bags from the big box hardware stores or a cheap tarp. I hunt some small chunks of private land and take my deer out and gut them at home so I don't disturb the owners with a mess. I guess I haven't gut shot one but have never been worried about spoilage from not gutting them right away. 2c

goblueM, if I'm understanding you correctly your buddy doesn't take the inside loins, is that right? If so, he should watch some of the online educational options on the "gutless method". It's not very hard to get the inside loins and that's the best part of the whole deer, IMO.

If you search "gutless method" and elk101, you'll find a good video.

goblueM, if I'm understanding you correctly your buddy doesn't take the inside loins, is that right? If so, he should watch some of the online educational options on the "gutless method". It's not very hard to get the inside loins and that's the best part of the whole deer, IMO.

If you search "gutless method" and elk101, you'll find a good video.

Yep he just leaves em in there. I guess if you're shooting a handful of deer a year (and smaller ones in the south) it just isn't worth it to some folk

I shot a deer at a buddy's place & was able to load it without gutting & did it in my garage when I got home. Lot of blood, but it was close to gun season & he didn't want a fresh gut pile out there. I totally don't think it matters, but he's the landowner. Did a couple that way that we shot at dark & took us a while to trail it when it was really cold out too. The garage was heated...

Lot of blood, but it was close to gun season & he didn't want a fresh gut pile out there. I totally don't think it matters...

I agree with you a few years ago we needed to put a huge dent in a couple small timber blocks in a WI metro hunt and the guys that were on set before me harvested 3 deer the prior day and left gut piles in the woods... I had deer walk right past them but that is not the point anywhere that any non-hunters have the chance at walking by one it just gives us hunters a very bad image