• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Porketta

those fixings sound awesome. I like to dip the top half of the bread in a little au juice and let then put it on top and let the juice filter down. It's especially good if you use a really crusty bread. If you use a soft bread it gets a bit soggy.

Sounded good until you got to the arugula. You know what they get for that at whole foods? (sorry, the devil made me do it)

Hey Del - I've never even sniffed arugula before. Or the inside of a Whole Foods joint. smile (I was banking on Coborns having some). I googled up Porchetta Sandwiches and almost every recipe had it on there. Along with some kind of Aoli Sauce that sounds too foo foo for me. I'll stick with the tried and true horseradish sauce.

Now, since we are talking "Gourmet Sandwiches" I'll give the arugala a shot on the first bite. If it's no good, I'll remove the rest and write off the expense on my taxes. You know, research and development on a new Porchetta Sandwich cart I've been thinking about. smile

those fixings sound awesome. I like to dip the top half of the bread in a little au juice and let then put it on top and let the juice filter down. It's especially good if you use a really crusty bread. If you use a soft bread it gets a bit soggy.

Leech - I'll have enough for a couple of rounds of sandwiches. That sounds like a great plan. Maybe some crusty hoagie type buns?

Aioli is just the foo foo name for Mayonnaise with garlic.

Makes about 3/4 cup

Use this sauce as a condiment for meats, fish, and vegetables, or spread it on sandwiches. If necessary, remove the green germ (or stem) in the garlic before pressing or grating it; the germ will give the aïoli a bitter, hot flavor. If you do not have regular olive oil, use a blend of equal parts extra-virgin olive oil and vegetable oil. Ground white pepper is preferred because it's not as visible in the finished aïoli as black pepper, but either can be used. The aïoli will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

Ingredients

1 medium clove garlic, peeled

2 large egg yolks

1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus 1 teaspoon

1/8 teaspoon sugar

1/4 teaspoon table salt

Ground white pepper (or black, if white is unavailable)

3/4 cup olive oil

Instructions

1. Press garlic through garlic press or grate very finely on rasp-style grater. Measure out 1 teaspoon garlic; discard remaining garlic.

2. In food processor, combine garlic, yolks, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper to taste until combined, about 10 seconds. With machine running, gradually add oil in slow steady stream (process should take about 30 seconds); scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula and process 5 seconds longer. Adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper, and serve.

The line about arugula and whole foods (there is one in St Paul, Fairview and St Clair or someplace like that) was from some politician, maybe john kerry?

It is a spicy green sort of spinach looking. Also called "rocket".

Quote:
The line about arugula and whole foods (there is one in St Paul, Fairview and St Clair or someplace like that) was from some politician, maybe john kerry?

Close but that would be Fairview and Grand. It is not a bad place to shop for some items but I wouldn't do all my grocery shopping there.

cool did "your" pork last weekend...added fresh fennel(1st time ever working wit that!) boned out a butt and cut it like a cinnamon roll.....rubed then rolled up...i would have /will make more rub to coat it even more as it don't seem to over power in the least bit ...the motor on my charcoal rotisuie broke and i got some beer and a chair and turned it by hand frown the last 40 mins.... d*mm good eats!