• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Crossover/Mercury 150 Four Stroke

Minnesota Fats

Skunked - True! And they aren't getting any lighter. Sounds like we might end up going to the game saturday too.

Got the boat out last night - 2 guys, cooler, new hub. The new hub made a huge difference. Vibration is gone. 50.1 MPH with one guy in the boat, 49.3 with both of us. 5700 RPM at WOT either way. And you were all right, the tempest has a great hook up and planes very quickly.

Thanks for all the advice.

Mn.

I just picked up a cross over with 150 4 stroke. Only out 3 hours. I do have a troll control but am only able to dial it down to 3.0 mph. Did yours get better as it broke in?

I think the boat is great. A little wash out on corners with the tempest II plus prop.

Any advice or things you have learned along the way.

Thanks

Schubie

I also have a new 150 with troll control, part of the smart monitor system, on a similar sized alumacraft (17' 11") and it gets down to 2.5mph at 550 rpm.

I wouldn't spend much time trolling until it is broken in.

Yes, very pleased. I'm still messing with props and the high water is keeping me from dialing it in this summer. Might tweak the prop a bit more in the off season if we ever get a chance to open it up again.

I have a different hull than you so I can't comment on the prop type but I'm currenlty running a modified 17P that should effectively be somewhere between 18P and 19P. I may tweak it up to 19P in the off season.

I can cruise around 38 getting 5mpg. Best I've done with the smart monitor Econ setting was 6.5mpg around 30mph. That has to be on glass because it instructs you to trim it way up.

WOT I get about 3mpg running in the upper 40's.

I assume you get those readings on your smart gauges? I don't have those I just have a trim control. So I don't know what fuel burn I have. I am running a 19 p tempest plus. I have not wot yet with only 3 hrs but was in top 40's. How long was it till you were able to get it down to 2.5?

Thanks

Schubie

I don't know how long it took because I didn't try it until I had 15+ hours on it. It wasn't intentional, I just don't troll until June.

How low can you bring the RPMs? I think mine goes down to 550. I was running it about 800rpms last weekend trolling for Pike at 4.2mph. That is a sweet tool to have.

Mine is the smart tach tied into the smart monitor system. I didn't spring for all the gauges because the system puts overlays onto the HDS screen so I don't even look at my guages anymore. I have a trim gauge and a tach on the HDS which also shows my speed and voltage along with gps map. No gauges needed. Come to think of it, I should try to put the fuel milage on the HDS screen.

I do want to tie in the fuel gauge to the system. I think that would really be helpful on big bodies of water to show how far you have left on a tank of gas at your current usage.