• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Old Wood Stove

WTN4ICE

I bought this wood stove with intentions of putting it in a fishouse and would like to find some legs and learn something about it.

I used to fish with a retired guy as a teenager in the mid 70's and fondly remember the smell and feel of wood heat.Propane is quick and easy but I really want to bring back something from the past.

Any info anyone has or point me in the direction of someone in the know would be greatly appreciated.full-16387-23994-woodstove001.jpg

full-16387-23995-woodstove002.jpg

full-16387-23996-woodstove003.jpg

Where did you find that info ?? I found lots of cook stoves and potbellied stoves. If it came from a boat it would be fitting if it finds it's way back to the water.

I really want to know what the stamping on the top means.

I have one just like it. Got from my dad years ago. He worked for the RR and they had them in the caboozes. He said that the were designed to burn coal with the light cast iron. I've been using it in a fishhouse for about 15 years and works great, just be careful. You can't have it close to a wall. You are going to have a hard time finding legs for it. They break easy. Your best bet is to try to build some your self. It needs legs for air to circulate underneath it.

Where did you find that info ?? I found lots of cook stoves and potbellied stoves. If it came from a boat it would be fitting if it finds it's way back to the water.

I really want to know what the stamping on the top means.

The stamping is the model number and name of stove.

I found the info on the net just typed in old cast iron stoves and started searching.

Heres the company http://www.vogelzang.com/page.cfm/Parts.html

Heres the parts http://content.vogelzang.com/parts/partssr57e.pdf

I have two railroad potbelly stoves both needed legs,Vogelzang fit right on no altering.They purposely desiged their new stoves to interchange with antique.They also make some fine wood stoves I heatmy garage with one.