• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

jalapeno /raspberry jelly

Gordie

I have a cousin who "had" a neighbor that made Jalapeno Jelly that was awesome! She passed away and and so did the recipe...

My dad made some raspberry jelly last week. I took two jars and added a bunch of diced up jalapeos to them... Havent tried it yet... cool

Also, a local small diner makes apple walnut hot pepper jelly and orange cranberry hot pepper jelly. They go great on a kielbasi sammich...

Going to be making some angry jelly today.....crabapple jalapeño smile All i do use a crabapple recipe, take out the seeds and pithy lining, boil everything up together and strain....and then some add shredded or finally chopped peppers at the end.....cant see why this would not work for raspberry as well. Use anywhere from 1 to 2 dozen peppers per 4 cups of liquid/reduction depending how much heat you like....using about a quarter of them for the fresh at the end. Going to be trying watermelon jam for the first time today crazy

I just finished up some apple, cinnamon, serrento pepper jelly .

Cut apples in pieces and about 5 cups then cut up 10 peppers very finely, and 1 tlbs of cinnamon Add 3 cups of water and bring to a boli then let simmer 25 min. Mash mixture with a potato masher then strain thru cheese cloth then put juice in sauce pan and add three cups of sugar bring to boil until sheets of spoon.

Fill hot jars and wipe off top then install two piece lids and in water bath canner for ten min after it starts boiling.

Pre taste test proved to be great.

Next is the raspberrys

I will also be looking for a crab apple tree to make angry jelly.

Made Raspberry Jalapeno last year with this recipe... this year we made Raspberry Habanero as I have plenty of those this year...

3 -5 habanero peppers, deseeded and membranes removed (Be sure to wear gloves when doing this... those babies are HOT. And don't touch your eyes or mouth B)

2 sweet red peppers

1 sweet green pepper

12 ounces raspberries, put through a food mill with fine disc

2 1/4 cups water

1 cup vinegar

1 3/4 ounces sure-jel dry pectin (powder, not liquid)

4 cups sugar

1 Chop up peppers in a processor until they are chopped fine. Put all but ¼ cup peppers in a saucepan with raspberries and water. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 minutes. Press through a sieve or a jelly bag. You should have 2 cups prepared juice. (Sometimes I have more juice than needed so I freeze it for another batch).

2 Return juice to a clean pot. Add vinegar and reserved chopped peppers. Cool 15 minutes.

3 Add pectin. Bring to a boil; add sugar. Bring back to a boil and boil hard for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; skim foam.

4 Ladle into hot ½ pint jars leaving 1/8” headspace.

5 Seal; process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes (for 4 oz. jars)... Or once you fill the jars and put the lids on.. turn the jars upside down on a towel for 5min and then turn back over.. the heat from the jelly is enough to seal the jars

6 Note: jelly might be liquidy at first, but gels over the next 1 or 2 days.

7 I usually get anywhere from 10-12 of the 4 oz. jars.