• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

drop shot blanks

looking to build a new drop shot rod has anyone here built either batson RX7 / ISB822.5 or RX8+ / RX8+s822.5 it mostley be used for 1/8 -1/4 0z shot and small 4-6" finnese baits thanks for your input or else maybe suggest other blanks for this application

Brad,

You should share your information. I'm sure there is other people that are interested.

Lucky,

The ISB822.5 is a great blank money. I the less than $60 mark you cant go wrong. Its a RX7 blank with a fast tip and good back bone.

The next step up would be the XSB822.5. A great value for the less than $100 mark. It is a RX8 blank with a nice fast tip and more then ample back bone. Its thin taper makes for a sensitive and light rod. I personally have 4 rods on this blank and it is by far my favorite drop shot rod blank.

As far as the RX8+ I have little experience with them. When you find something you really like its hard to change.

The info I sent to Luckycrank in the PM is something I want to keep private between myself and him. AWW knows the details of what I sent Luckycrank since I sent AWW a PM explaining why I am choosing to keep this info private. I will say this thou. it was not totally about the blanks in question. Please respect my choice to keep this info private.

There are things that are appropriate for the forums and things that aren't. If someone feels the need to keep their conversations private, I don't think there is a need feel all comments need to be public. We have PMs so that folks can chat privately if they feel the need.

To summarize, I wouldn't worry about it.

Brad,

I respect the fact that somethings are best if they are kept private such as personal items and things that affect oneself. You referenced something about the rod blank which I would not necessarily put into either one of those groups, but if it is a private matter I'm satisfied with your explanation and respect your wishes. I do build rods using their blanks and I believe they have a great product for the price or in other words I believe they are a great value so that is why my questioning mind wanted to read more about what you were thinking. Like I said I respect your desire to keep this a private matter.

well this thread went south fast.......Ive never had an issue with either of those blanks, but now days I seem to be using alot of MHX brand blanks over the batson, partially due to not being able to just stop into midwest and buying whenever i feel like it....