• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Comfort shoes?

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Question

16 answers to this question

I have found after working on cement floors all my career that a good pair of shoes, mostly a good running shoe and some custom orthodics are the way to go. The custom orthodics are worth their weight in gold. Not the cheap ones but ones custom made by your doctor. Also I change out my shoes every week and buy new shoes at least once a year if not more.

If you stand in 1 place a lot get some fatigue matting it really helps.

Oh and make sure to drink plenty of water not pop or coffee. I try to get at least 8 glasses a day.

I am an elementary PE teacher, on my feet all day. Good running shoes is the key. I generally get 3-4 months out of a good pair of shoes, I have been burned by cheaper models of shoes. Once my feet start hurting me, I know it is time for a new pair of shoes, regardless of how they look or how much tread is left on the bottom. Listen to your feet!

when it comes to brands, New Balance are awesome, asthetically unpleasing but great shoes. Adidas can be touch and go, I had a pair of asics last winter that were great until the fabric in the heel cup ripped (My calcaenius bone sticks out a little further than the normal person)and blistered my heel. be careful of Nike's, I absolutely love my Nike Free's that I am wearing right now, feel like I am wearing slippers all day long. other styles of nike's seem to be built for people with absolutely perfect feet. I have two friends who coach track and cross country, they tell their athletes, don't buy Nikes for running unless you have a perfect foot.

I still play a lot of old man sports, but have bad bunions on both feet from years of wearing cleats and arthritis in the toes. Luckily I don't stand on my feet all day, but I recently bought a pair of Adidas sandals with memory foam. THEY ARE GREAT! Most of us probably can't wear them to work, but I wear them constantly around the house and even on errands. I good pair of new socks and these sandals (I couldn't care how I look) feel like your walking on chubby baby bellies!

They are called Adidas Zeitfrei FitFOAM Slides