• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A New Personal Best Brown Trout

Scudly

Buddy Shatner was there to witness this monster. Usual spot. I hollered at Shatner yelling that I snagged another fish. Told him it was that same 21 I've caught several times. Shatner made his way over and we finally got a glimpse of the fish. Looked like a giant carp in the water. To my surprise it was NOT the usual 21" brown. Ended up being a fat 25" female.

75b67ff9.jpg

a325c076.jpg

3f60bbcf.jpg

Hooked on a worm. With the recent rain I figured it would be a good idea.

Spinning rod. Just a cheapo medium light 6'6" Berkley I picked up at Walmart. That along with a Pflueger 2500 series, 10 lb Power Pro braided, a #8 Eagle Claw standard J hook and a decent sized split shot. I use a Frabil net that is 25" deep. It was the net on my dad's boat we use for big pike etc. Made out of aluminum I just cut the handle shorter so I can hang on my back. More the sized of steelhead. I see a lot of guys using these nets that are so small and shallow the fish can easily flip out. A big net helps especially containing the fish in the water while I get my camera ready.